Anyone have a Vessel View mobile

Hooked up to at 150, any pics of it mounted

2. Member
    I've got one on mine. Will get a picture when it gets lighter outside.

3. Member
    Attached Images Attached Images

4. Member
    Do u like it, is it worth getting

5. Member
    I would say it depends on how you want to use it. It does give you a lot of information, but if you're planning on using it while you're cruising around all the time you'll probably want to rig a mount for your phone so you can view it without having to hold it in your hand. It also disconnects from your phone every time you turn the motor off. Not difficult to reconnect but if you're just moving from one spot to another it seems like a hassle. Also, leaving bluetooth on your phone for hours will run your battery down pretty fast.

I would say if you just want the ability to check your fuel mpg, engine temp, etc. now and then as well as engine faults if they come up then it's good for that purpose. If you want to be monitoring those things all the time I think it would be better to just suck it up and spend the money on a mercmonitor gauge.

I’m picking up a new boat with a Mercury 150 hp 4 stroke and would like to get the vessel view mobile to monitor my new engine. If for some reason I start break in and have a couple hours on engine before vessel view is installed, will it recognize those previous hours that occurred before the installation of vessel view?

7. Member
    It did on mine. My motor is 5 years old and I installed the vessel view mobile last year. It shows the total number of hours on the motor. It must just read it off of the engine computer.

Good to know. I don’t know if I can buy it then install it before I start the break in process.

9. Member
    How do u get rpm, engine hours up, my phone only shows mph

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BD1 View Post
    Have you connected to it. You cannot view the data that you asked for until you connect to it via Bluetooth.

11. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BD1 View Post
    And you must purchase a Vessel View MOBILE setup to add to the engine, so that you can connect.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

12. Member
    Installed & turned key on & connected, think the others pages will show once I run the motor, I only get 2 pages that show mph

13. Member

14. Member

15. Member
    Post number 14. With hat screen showing did you select “connect” you have to have the key in the run position and select connect. Another screen should show up in a few seconds. You the have to select your vessel view module and connect again. After that you should see more data. If you cannot see your module make sure that you have blue tooth enabled on your phone.

I have VVM and like it so far. One thing I noticed after the last update on my iPhone is that it lists more info available to read...oil pressure, water pressure and a few more.

What additional parts do i need to add to my 115 4S to be able to read these on my phone? I'm assuming I need an oil pressure sending unit as well as a water pressure sending unit.
    2018 Skeeter MX1825 w/175 Yamaha 4-Stroke
    80# MK Ultrex w/ I-Pilot
    HB Helix 10 SI Mega, HB Helix 9 SI, Helix 9, Garmin 106SV
    USAF Ret

17. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Double check the Water Pressure... not supposed to be available.

Oil pressure SHOULD be a standard feature, depending on your engine's serial number. This would be a good topic to take up in a separate thread, for your engine.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanAM View Post
    Double check the Water Pressure... not supposed to be available.

Oil pressure SHOULD be a standard feature, depending on your engine's serial number. This would be a good topic to take up in a separate thread, for your engine.
    Ok, will do. As soon as I get the time to verify the info and take a screen shot. Damn end-of-year OT has got me wearing down...
    2018 Skeeter MX1825 w/175 Yamaha 4-Stroke
    80# MK Ultrex w/ I-Pilot
    HB Helix 10 SI Mega, HB Helix 9 SI, Helix 9, Garmin 106SV
    USAF Ret