Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by STEVE81 View Post
    I haven’t fished any of those lakes but I’d like to give it a try. Plus, it looks like I’m deploying in July so my tournament season is shot. Going to have to get my fishing in where I can! Will probably miss the rally on Okoboji too.
    When is this rally on okaboji

Quote Originally Posted by ksubasser24 View Post
    When is this rally on okaboji
    Pretty sure it’s in October.

3. Member
    KSUbasser...http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=856646

That is a fun lake, should be great timing too.
    Dave

4. Member
    How does a rally work? Is it a tournament?

Quote Originally Posted by redxdu View Post
    How does a rally work? Is it a tournament?
    I haven’t actually been to one but from what I understand, it’s a tournament for sure but also a chance to put a face to a username. Normally, everyone tries to stay at the same hotel.

As far as this thread is going, put some names to faces. The okaboji one I think they are now doing away with the limit of fish tournaments just going for 1 big fish/ big fish chase.
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

7. Banned
    im still in depending on date ill be out of the country for the two weeks mid may. but I think it should be clear or south buffalo

8. Member
    My boat lives in Chamberlain, but I could be persuaded to drag it up north. Never fished up there, but have extensive experience on Sharpe, and live 1/4 mile from the Triboji boat ramp on West O. or two miles from Emerson.

9. Member
    I'm sure I could be persuaded pre easy.... my spring time is crazy busy though being in the Ag industry
    David Geske
    Boatless Family Man

My ag industry is slow as heck in the spring, anyone reading this thread speak up with any ideas that you may have been holding your tongue on.

11. Member
    What are you looking for, a lake?

12th of May would probably work for me.
    I'd go for any of the lakes mentioned. Roy, clear, kettle,buffalo, enemy, or waubay.

Any input.

Fishysam, it seems that there are enough people that would be willing to go fish the glacial lakes area. Would you be willing to organize this whole ordeal? From the few dates that people have listed so far, I’d think that you could just pick one and the rest of us will just try to make do.

I would be willing to try, I haven’t organized anything like this before honestly was hoping some one would jump on that aspect. If not here in a few weeks I will make a list of members who are interested, as well as suggested dates, and come back with some information

16. Member
    Start a new thread and pick a date, ask people to reply if they can make it
    David Geske
    Boatless Family Man

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbitef11 View Post
    12th of May
    On the 13th of May there is a NBAA tournament on Waubay. Might want to shoot for the weekend after to reduce scheduling conflicts. There are probably some SD guys that will be wanting to prefish on the 12th.

Do it anywhere but but Horseshoe. That place turns to such a circus it's awful.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbitef11 View Post
    12th of May would probably work for me.
    I'd go for any of the lakes mentioned. Roy, clear, kettle,buffalo, enemy, or waubay.
    12th of May is going to be a little iffy up north weather wise. Been up there end of May before wearing insulated bibs and pack boots with horizontal snow.
    I've got money I haven't even spent yet!
    2011 Nitro Z8--200 pro xs

Quote Originally Posted by Fishysam View Post
    I would be willing to try, I haven’t organized anything like this before honestly was hoping some one would jump on that aspect. If not here in a few weeks I will make a list of members who are interested, as well as suggested dates, and come back with some information
    Here's a few things that come to mind when you do start any planning...

Lodging: I've never been to the Glacial Lakes region so I have no idea what the hotel situation is like. Regardless, it would be ideal if we could all get rooms at the same place.

Tournament Format: First, would we even want to have a tournament? If so, someone would (probably) need to apply for a permit plus have some tournament scales available. Or we could try to figure out a way to do it MLF style. That would eliminate the need for a tournament permit. Or we could just do a simple day of fishing on the lake without the need for a competition. If we did that, we could always just do a little side pot for big fish of the day or something. There's plenty of options on both sides of doing a tournament or not. Just something to think about.

Food: I know at some of the official rallies, people paid an entry fee that covered the cost of food. That food could be from a caterer or maybe someone decided to grill or something. Either way, that is an option instead of having everyone try to meet up at some local restaurant. Again, I haven't been there so I have no idea what there is to eat around there.

Those are just a few ideas. By no means am I saying that these are the way that things should be. Just simply ideas and I'm sure that there are better ones out there. The main thing that we should all keep in mind, though, is that the purpose of the rally is to allow us all to put a face to the username and to SOCIALIZE. That is what is driving my ideas of trying to all stay at the same place/eat dinner together. Because if we don't, then the only time that we would actually be around each other is at the end of the fishing day. So in a day or weekend of fishing, we're talking about just a few minutes of actually meeting anyone. That hardly seems worth the trip to me.
    2007 Triton TR-21X w/ Pro XS 250
    6" T&H Hi Jacker w/ 2" spacers
    26P Tempest

May 12 I believe MN will be open for C&R. May 13 is Mother's Day.

Weather can be an issue any date, but will probably affect the fishing less later in the month.

The 19th or 20th sounds okay. I might want to fish another tournament that weekend though on the 20th.

Fish will be spawning, so I would say catch and release where you caught them.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast