Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar
    I have close to $500 in just my HB Ethernet (NVM the units themselves) and have read plenty of complaints...

Quote Originally Posted by pfisher View Post
    There is no gouging here. There is only complaining by another person that forgets a business has to make money to survive.
    Well said, and true.

Things have to be sold at or near "what the market will bear" - that's the way business works.

I always tell folks - if you want to play, you have to pay.

If you refuse to pay - then you'll need to look elsewhere to play....

I run Helix machines instead of Solix/Onix because of the prices and I can run the and "Express/Reflex" menu blindfolded and sleeping.

I have no reason to debate which unit is better, it's what I prefer to buy - and 11 years ago I expressed to Greg Walters that a HB unit was much simpler and less flexible compared to the Lowrance units I came from.

I can fish quite successfully without any electronics, but would prefer not to.

If it's too much to take, get a rock and a rope - no accessories are needed Roy.

You can't take ANY of this with you - so you may as well enjoy what you have.......
    Robert
    Newaygo CTY, MI
    Helix12MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MDI G2N v1.84/ASGPSHSx2/iPilotLinkv2.15/2.04RC-1+2/

[QUOTE=sfw1960;8852096]

If it's too much to take, get a rock and a rope - no accessories are needed Roy.

QUOTE]

Wasn’t that far off when I started paper graphs were all the rage

Well I can see this is going nowhere
    "The handicapped angler"

3. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar
    Wayne and I started before paper graphs, where did you expect it to go?

The OEMs are not going to cave under pressure from a forum and tell people --- yeah, you're right we should all work for free and everybody can remember about "when that company used to be around"....

I've run a business before successfully, and it takes money to make money - and that rule will not change.

Quite frankly - you've gotten good advice, and it's been mentioned that stuff costs money and GOOD stuff costs extra.

Sorry you're so angry over a product people largely like and are pretty pleased with, I like my machines as do many because they are buying them.
    Robert
    Newaygo CTY, MI
    Helix12MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MDI G2N v1.84/ASGPSHSx2/iPilotLinkv2.15/2.04RC-1+2/

Quote Originally Posted by sfw1960 View Post
    Wayne and I started before paper graphs, where did you expect it to go?

The OEMs are not going to cave under pressure from a forum and tell people --- yeah, you're right we should all work for free and everybody can remember about "when that company used to be around"....

I've run a business before successfully, and it takes money to make money - and that rule will not change.

Quite frankly - you've gotten good advice, and it's been mentioned that stuff costs money and GOOD stuff costs extra.

Sorry you're so angry over a product people largely like and are pretty pleased with, I like my machines as do many because they are buying them.
    The reference to the paper graphs was meant to be a joke

The rest is my way of saying I give up you have your “Opinion” and I have mine

I never thought I could change the world by posting on a forum

I never said they didn’t make a good product

And I’m sorry you think me and Angry Individual I like a good debate
    "The handicapped angler"

5. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar
    Roy, there is so much lost thru the keyboard to translate from the spoken word, how was anybody to know you were joking?

I don't think ONE person that posted or read this thought it was a joke - maybe I'm wrong.

What's to debate?

They need to charge accordingly - make profit and continue forward.

I have changed the world by posting on more than one forum, and hope I have left it a better place after I am gone.

I told a good friend recently if I would have told my father it would cost $200-250 for a decent mid range fishing rod & reel he would of lit up one of those stinking smokes that killed him too soon, flicked his Zippo and said "Boy; you're out of your p$*$#C|<!n mind!"....

I don't like to buy expensive items that don't last - and HB has great product value and longevity for our money IMO.

I read your posts because I like to see opinions of all types, good, bad or indifferent.

I figure if I get an occasional compliment or a thank you; I must not be posting all bad stuff and I try to help people out without gunning down the products or people in the process.

Maybe you're not an angry individual, but when you're cutting on a product that you say that you like - it probably makes people wonder what you are really thinking I guess ~ that's all.

Enjoy your stuff!
    Robert
    Newaygo CTY, MI

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MichAngler View Post
    Please!

Just from a manufacturing standpoint you can see it

The SM SIDBY Y cable has 3 large Solix/Onix connectors and a fair amount of wires/connections and I still say it’s over priced at $59.99

But the AD 1429 adapter has one large Solix/Onix connector and one legacy connector, shorter in length and 2 wires/connections BUT THIS COSTS JUST AS MUCH $59.99?

I’m sorry but there is no way this should cost half that

Its attitudes like yours that will guarantee that the price will continue to be based on what the market will bear rather than actual production costs
    Have you ever bought anything that is the top of the line or specialty items(boats, motorcycles,sports cars)That did not have expensive service/parts? These are items with relatively small production levels (custom). Your regular adapter cable should be an exception if it the same one used for other units. If it is different it is the same need for a special application. If you are going to worry about the cost of options go to the other end of the product line. JMHO. Bob
    Last edited by bobcoy; 11-13-2017 at 06:47 AM.

7. Banned
    the new iphone x costs like $300 to make but sells for $1000. its not how much the item cost to make...you have to consider all of the other factors like rd, advertising, employees, etc etc etc. its a business that is designed to make money

8. Member
    Sounds like the original poster needs to create their own sonar device. All ya gotta do is take out a loan to start the business. Let us know how much cheaper your products are.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12