Strike King Red Eye Shad Tungsten 2 Tap vs regulaR Red Eye

Is the tungsten model really better? Will it catch more fish?

2. Member
    I don't know that it will catch more/less fish but it can definitely shine in certain situations. The main difference between the 2 are the rattles inside of the bait. The regular Red Eye Shad has multiple rattles and bb's while the Tungsten 2 Tap has just a couple of one knocker rattles.

3. Member
    Dont know if there better but like already said its different. Last fall i was in the back of my brothers boat and hewas catching them pretty good on a red eye. I was throwing the same thing behind him and couldnt buy a bite. I switched to a 2 tap and started catching fish.

I like the 2 taps. I've seen several times when they wouldn't touch the red eye but smashed the 2 tap. I'm a believer!

5. Member
    2-taps have a deeper sound. Not so high pitched as all the bbs make. Throw under a bridge and you will see what i mean. So in high pressure situation, the 2-tap just gives a little less aggressive sound. Booyah one knocker is the same and a little cheaper.

Keep both handy. I fish XCalibur rattlebaits & one knockers, basically the same scenario with different brands. Both will produce, one isn't better than the other, it's just a matter of what the fish are responding to at the moment.
    Ranting incoherently

7. Member
    I think you're asking the wrong question. They aren't better than the standard Red Eye Shads. They simply produce a different noise/vibration.
    They both have their place in your arsenal. It's important to consider water clarity, temperature, and season when selecting which style. Changing to a different vibration is also a good way to try and turn a school on that may have shut off after catching a few out of it.

I carry standard rattles, 2taps, and silent lipless crankbaits. They all have their place.

8. Member
    I was fishing KY lake out of the back of my friends boat last spring. We were both throwing lipless cranks. He was throwing the SK 2 tap sexy shad, I was throwing an xcalibur 1 knocker, sexy shad. I never got a bite, while he loaded the boat. I assume it was the different sound, they preferred that day. Is one better than another, no. It just depends on what the fish want that day.