Spare Prop Advice 28 Bravo 1

Hey guys, there is a guy selling a 28 Bravo 1 and wanted to get some advice. I've been rolling the dice without a spare prop and have a series of 3 day tournaments next year and want to be prepared for. I have an XB21 2+2 and running Nathan's old 25 Hydro. Would you recommend the 28 Bravo 1 and is the price fair? The guy said it was worked for his 21' Bullet. Thanks in advance.

-Mike

28 Bravo 1. Less than a year old. Worked by Josh Edwards. Like new condition. $550 TYD. PM me if interested, and I will text pics.

Mike Malinao
    2010 XB-21 BasSport 2+2 250 Mercury Pro XS
    https://www.facebook.com/mikemalinaofishing

2. Member
    That's a great prop. Josh Edwards is a good friend, I'm sure he would adjust it for your boat for a reasonable price. 550 may be a little high but it's a starting price.

Now, the 25 hydro.....been hunting one of those with no luck. Let me know when you're tired of it.

Johnny Johnson

Not sure if this helps but I carry a 28 Bravo XS as a spare and occasionally run it as my 3-5 passenger prop for extreme loads and conditions.
    Jay McDaniel
    2003 Allison XB21 BasSport Elite 2+2
    2019 Mercury Racing 300R

IMO -- that's a little pricey for a spare prop. I carry a 26-27 Trophy for something to get me home in a pinch. Somewhat cheap and easy to find!!
    I just sold a 25 and a 29 Bravo for somewhat less than that. I wish Al could make a way for us to view some of the recent sales instead of deleting them as soon as they sell. That would give a good indication of what the market can support.

Quote Originally Posted by fishnfireman View Post
    IMO -- that's a little pricey for a spare prop. I carry a 26-27 Trophy for something to get me home in a pinch. Somewhat cheap and easy to find!!
    I just sold a 25 and a 29 Bravo for somewhat less than that. I wish Al could make a way for us to view some of the recent sales instead of deleting them as soon as they sell. That would give a good indication of what the market can support.
    totally agree with deletion of sold posts. I go to S&F to check prices.
    Allison XB21 2+2
    Mercury 300R

6. Member
    So my Balanced and Blueprinted by Robbie 27 Trophy Plus is worth what? :)

Quote Originally Posted by NOTGSXR View Post

However much someone is willing to give. And right now is not a good time to be selling.

8. Member
    The better question would be, what is everyone using for their spare prop and what would the recommend I purchase?

Thanks, Mike
    Mike Malinao

9. Member
    I have a 28 Promax and a 30 Promax as well as a 27 Trophy... at this point i am probably going to put on the 30 promax and the 28 will be a spare... and sell the trophy.

Spare prop really needs to be defined i think.. if it is just to get you to the ramp... there will probably be tons of low cost options...

What do you want in a spare prop?

Dan

10. Member
    I have a 28 Promax and a 30 Promax as well as a 27 Trophy... at this point i am probably going to put on the 30 promax and the 28 will be a spare... and sell the trophy.

Spare prop really needs to be defined i think.. if it is just to get you to the ramp... there will probably be tons of low cost options...

What do you want in a spare prop?

Dan
    Good question Dan! Being that I fish multi day tournaments and potentially sling a blade in the early part of day 1 I would need a prop that I can run for the remainder of the tournament vs a fun fishing day to get back to the ramp if that makes sense. I just didn't want to drop $$ on a spare Hydro for example, but at the same time this 25 Hydro is the only prop I've run on this boat..
    Mike Malinao

11. Member
    If this is the only prop you have then you probably want to consider a decent replacement that will perform similar to what you have, not just a get me back to the ramp. I typically don't carry a spare prop on the lake I fish and play at but I do have a good back up prop in every pitch that I own for the just in case situation. They aren't the same brand but work good. Just my 2 cents worth.

12. Member
    I would say you need to expand and try other props... it looks like you're looking for another A prop.. Is tyhe 25 Hydro enough to begin with?

13. Member
    Mike, you have 1.62 gears, right? Jay talking a 28 for loaded is with 1.75’s. I love my worked by robbie 26 bravo xs with 1.62 gears. Pull the tube around 27 mph at 3k rpm or 80 plus when going fishing.
    John Wolff
    2003 Allison XB21 2+2
    2003 Mercury 250xs

14. Member
    My 2 worked by robbie trophy pluses sold for around $350 each.
    John Wolff
    2003 Allison XB21 2+2
    2003 Mercury 250xs

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tap_tap_boom View Post
    Good question Dan! Being that I fish multi day tournaments and potentially sling a blade in the early part of day 1 I would need a prop that I can run for the remainder of the tournament vs a fun fishing day to get back to the ramp if that makes sense. I just didn't want to drop $$ on a spare Hydro for example, but at the same time this 25 Hydro is the only prop I've run on this boat..
    You want something decent for that worst case scenario of slinging a blade on day 1. I paid $400 for stock used bravo xs and robbie worked it for $200 or $250. Under $700.
    You could drop the money on a good tubing prop like a 23 or 24 and then use that for tourney day backup since you will still outrun most boats and it will holeshot awesome.
    John Wolff
    2003 Allison XB21 2+2
    2003 Mercury 250xs

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jwolff View Post
    You want something decent for that worst case scenario of slinging a blade on day 1. I paid $400 for stock used bravo xs and robbie worked it for $200 or $250. Under $700.
    You could drop the money on a good tubing prop like a 23 or 24 and then use that for tourney day backup since you will still outrun most boats and it will holeshot awesome.
    Thanks John
    Mike Malinao

17. Member
    I have a used 25 TXP 4 blade in my boat that I bought off craigslist a few weeks ago as a "get back to the launch" prop.

It's got some small dings & I doubt I'll ever run it unless I sling a blade but I'll make some long runs & didn't want to go without a spare.

Now, I'm looking for more props but at least I have a spare until I find a pro max, bravo, hydro, etc.
    2024 Xpress X21 / Yamaha 250 SHO
    2022 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro Elite / 2022 Mercury 300R (Sold)