Thread: Elephant Butte?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Went out on EB yesterday afternoon, water temp between 47/49.? degrees. Fishing was great but catching sucked (no bites that I could tell). If the weather tomorrow is like it was today I will be back on the water for a couple of hrs running and fishing.

is the water starting to warm up or still drop?
    2012 RANGER Z521 EVINRUDE 250 HO

3. Member
    I launched at noon today with air temp 70 and my water temp showed 48-49. Later in the afternoon I had 49.5/50 degrees while a friend floating next to me showed 47.5. With the tolerance these electronics have both readings are probably within tolerance. I'll be out again tomorrow running and fishing. WT is really only a reference tool in my eyes.
    Send us some snow!

4. Member
    Saw those same temps today as you did yesterday. Got 4 bites today, missed 1, lost something good sized, and caught 2 shorts. Great day to be on the water regardless of slow fish activity.

5. Member
    I looked for you but was unsuccessful. I would say your fishing skills are better than mine although I only fish for about 1 hr.
    Quote Originally Posted by FowlZurk View Post
    Saw those same temps today as you did yesterday. Got 4 bites today, missed 1, lost something good sized, and caught 2 shorts. Great day to be on the water regardless of slow fish activity.

6. Member
    Hard to see much when traveling 100mph LOL!!! You went by me twice when you made your run to pipeline, i was on North Longpoint. Glen and Coby pulled up on me within 75yards then just turned and off they went Lake looks great!!!!

7. Member
    It was Glenn and Wade (his brothers son) and Glenn didn't recognize your rig and he won't pull in on someone if he doesn't recognize the rig. Me on the other hand, I've been accused of cutting other rigs off. You need to give me a call when your back in town. O ya, it wasn't quite 100. I was having a problem with the hole shot plate coming down and lifting the stern. A complete handful to drive above low 90's.

Quote Originally Posted by FowlZurk View Post
    Hard to see much when traveling 100mph LOL!!! You went by me twice when you made your run to pipeline, i was on North Longpoint. Glen and Coby pulled up on me within 75yards then just turned and off they went Lake looks great!!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12