Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Banned

2. Member
    I was at Ky Thursday and didn’t see any changes other than new parking stripes, buddy of mine owns a house boat there and he hasn’t heard of closing the ramp as of yet any way.

3. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by RangerRodney View Post
    I was at Ky Thursday and didn’t see any changes other than new parking stripes, buddy of mine owns a house boat there and he hasn’t heard of closing the ramp as of yet any way.
    No one is talking about closing the ramp. The issue is that cars are now encouraged to park where boat trailers used to, meaning parking will be worse than ever before.

4. Member
    Are you guys talking about up on top where the vehicles would back trailers onto the grass, or down below where rigs parallel park on both sides of the approach to the ramp.

Regardless, I think a call to the state will find that there have been no official changes and this is only an attempt by the owner to gain by bluff what he cant get by legal means.

Quote Originally Posted by csurp View Post
    Are you guys talking about up on top where the vehicles would back trailers onto the grass, or down below where rigs parallel park on both sides of the approach to the ramp.

Regardless, I think a call to the state will find that there have been no official changes and this is only an attempt by the owner to gain by bluff what he cant get by legal means.
    They striped the lower lot where the parallel boat parking used to be for angled car spaces. Striped the whole area all the way back to where you first enter the lot on both sides. When I was there, trucks with trailers were ignoring the lines and parallel parking as usual but I can see it being a problem on a Saturday or Sunday morning after a big Friday or Saturday night at the marina when cars park in those spaces overnight.
    2021 Ranger Z519 Mercury 225 Pro XS Four Stroke

6. Member
    I spoke to the park maintenance supervisor this morning. He told me that park staff striped the parking lot at the request of the new marina owner/concessionaire. I was surprised to hear him say that this is the way the lower lot was originally striped and that they followed the faint outlines of the old stripes when re-striping the lot. He said that the park will not be enforcing the new arrangement that will be left to the concessionaire.

Google earth has a 1998 Photograph that shows rigs parking in the way we have become accustomed.

My opinion is that the new guy will be unable to close the actual boat ramp but is apparently trying to out-maneuver us by attempting to control the parking for the ramp.

I figured something was up when they closed the fish cleaning station and moved it down to the dock.
    2002 Ranger 520 DVX / 2002 225hp Optimax

8. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by csurp View Post
    He said that the park will not be enforcing the new arrangement that will be left to the concessionaire...new guy will be unable to close the actual boat ramp but is apparently trying to out-maneuver us by attempting to control the parking for the ramp.
    That's how it always starts. Won't be long until he starts charging for boat trailer parking (ramp use will still be free, you'd just be paying to park).

9. Member
    It would be interesting to see how the final concession contract reads regarding the parking lots. That could probably be obtained.

The "owner" only owns, at least temporarily, the marina infrastructure...docks etc. Everything else has been negotiated through the state.

I think that all of the marina docks become the property of the state of KY at the end of this contract.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12