Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Starting Point On A 20XRD,225X Motor W/ Two 12' Talons

2005 20XRD, 2005 0225X Motor, With Two 12" Minnkota Talons, Where Would Be A Good Starting Point. Thanks For The Information. Steve (205-506-1401)

got a sportmaster? and ill be the first one to suggest removing the talons for any type of performance

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

3. Member
    14" setback at 1-1.5 inches above pad. An old style Bravo1 prop if you can find one in a 26-28 pitch, and you'll have to add PVS holes to it.
    Balance your load left to right as good as possible and Hopefully it still has the Sporty lower on it!
    20XDC Bullet/Modified Merc 260
    295TF Charger/Merc 225X-Sold
    20' Contender Pickle Fork/Merc EFI Bridgeport-Sold
    18' Stratus with Sommerford Tunnel Vee Hull/2.4 EFI Merc High Perf-Sold
    Freedom 240DLX Toon/Merc 115
    10' Cougar Cub/Merc 25 on the Bottle
    18" Homebuilt Tunnel/.021 OS Max Outboard on 50% Nitro with a Pipe

4. Member
    I completely agree with the prop and setup tips that Quick gave...the old style belled Bravo will definitely help with the stern weight of that pair of pterodactyl feet sitting behind the transom. It's kinda like duct taping a few barbells to the top of the cowling...not the best performance enhancer. But they can come in handy when the motor is off. I wish I had them when I'm fishing...not so much when I'm shredding.
    Last edited by Bullet 20cc; 11-08-2017 at 03:28 AM. Reason: Typos
    96 Bullet 20cc, Yamaha OX 250+, 10" jack, labbed 30" Bravo LH w/1.25" exhaust pipes, counter rotating Bob's lower, it goes faster when you spin it the other way...

5. Member
    Thanks Guys, And Yes It Has A Sporty, TXP 25 Pitch prop w/4 Holes And Performance Propeller Added 4 More. Yes, The Talons Are A Drag But Great When Fishing, I Have Not Measured The Shaft, I've Ran It About 3 Times, 32 Gallons Of Gas, 150 Lbs Of Passenger Weight And 1/2 Live Well Full, Little Slow Out Of The Hole, I've Ran Up Close To 80 Twice, Last Week I Laid Down The Talons And It Really Help The Hole Shot. I Really Like The Boat, I'm Coming From A 96 CC Model W/ 225 Merc Promax. And I Can Use All The Feed Back I Can Get. Have A Good Day Guys.

6. Member
    Hey Steve...what color was your 96 CC if you don't mind me asking?
    96 Bullet 20cc, Yamaha OX 250+, 10" jack, labbed 30" Bravo LH w/1.25" exhaust pipes, counter rotating Bob's lower, it goes faster when you spin it the other way...

7. Member
    It Was White With Red Trim And Gray Carpet.

8. Member
    Sounds like it was a looker for sure! Thanks for the reply...I thought there might be an outside chance that I have your old boat cuz the year, model and purchase location all match up perfectly...just different colors though.

I'm sure I would've bought yours instead if available at the time cuz mine can be a little bit of a stain on the eyes. Thanks again Steve!

9. Member
    OK, I Bought My From Paul Nichols Back In 07 After He Rebuild My Motor And Then He Sold It For Me This Past April. He Laughs At Me Along With The Folks At Bullet For Putting Talons On A Bullet. Tom @ Bullet Said YOU PUT TALONS ON A BULLET !!!!! 4 Or 5 Times During Our Conversation !!

10. Member
    Mine has power poles and I keep going back and forth on taking them off.
    Bullet 21xrd Mercury 300xs

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mercpromax View Post
    OK, I Bought My From Paul Nichols Back In 07 After He Rebuild My Motor And Then He Sold It For Me This Past April. He Laughs At Me Along With The Folks At Bullet For Putting Talons On A Bullet. Tom @ Bullet Said YOU PUT TALONS ON A BULLET !!!!! 4 Or 5 Times During Our Conversation !!
    Hahaha...that's funny...good story too! I definitely would have bought your old boat if I knew that Paul had set it all up...even with the power poles on it...

Kyle...if I had them I'd be doing the exact same thing as you...

12. Member
    I Have Found That I Can Come Up About 2-3" Higher On The Talons So That's Next, About Paul He's The Best I Know Of Dealing With Anything On A Bullet If Anything Goes Wrong We Head To Soddy Daisy. Steve

13. Member
    Y'all say what you wan't but there's 2 things that'll stay on my Bullet.....the TM and the pPoles!!!!!
    If I couldn't fish, I wouldn't need a boat!!!!
    I can positively say that these pPoles don't make near as much difference as carrying a passenger and I can run as fast as I want or need to with'em on!!!!
    JMO, WS

14. Member
    I Agree, First Time I Used The Talons, I Was At Pickwick And That Was The Same Time That Arkansas Had All Of The Flooding And They Had Every Gate Open At Pickwick And Wilson And With A 20 MPH Wind I Really Fell In Love With Them, Little On The Heavy Side But I Can Work With Them And I Can Still Run 80 !! Good Fishing To All !!

15. Member
    I ran 91 with the poles and even had water in live wells my problem is I can't say I've ever used them for fishing the lake I fish the most is deep with lots of bluff walls
    i do use them a lot when loading and unloading the boat or changing props out

16. Member
    Well I just traded mine time to remove them.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle08 View Post
    Well I just traded mine time to remove them.
    Traded your Bullet...?

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullet 20cc View Post
    Traded your Bullet...?
    Power poles

19. Member
    JMO but I like the power poles best because the pumps mount inside the boat. They don't dangle the weight so high up and when mounted with Steve's mounts they set pretty low so there's not as much wind resistance. PLUS they reach lower in the water when mounted low!

20. Member
    I definitely like the poles better but my home lake is so deep they don't do much for me

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast