Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle08 View Post
    Power poles
    Ok thank goodness...bout had a coronary over here and was a little mad that you didn't give me first shot at that boat...lol!
    96 Bullet 20cc, Yamaha OX 250+, 10" jack, labbed 30" Bravo LH w/1.25" exhaust pipes, counter rotating Bob's lower, it goes faster when you spin it the other way...

2. Member
    BTW...thought I'd mention that the 8' pPoles weigh 27# total ea., and only 19# on the transom.
    If you use a pair, the weight is only like carrying another battery!
    20XDC Bullet/Modified Merc 260
    295TF Charger/Merc 225X-Sold
    20' Contender Pickle Fork/Merc EFI Bridgeport-Sold
    18' Stratus with Sommerford Tunnel Vee Hull/2.4 EFI Merc High Perf-Sold
    Freedom 240DLX Toon/Merc 115
    10' Cougar Cub/Merc 25 on the Bottle
    18" Homebuilt Tunnel/.021 OS Max Outboard on 50% Nitro with a Pipe

3. Member
    Yeah they really aren't that heavy...it's just having that 'extra battery' behind the chine instead of in front of it. But a good stern lifting prop like a Bravo can alleviate that for the most part...
    96 Bullet 20cc, Yamaha OX 250+, 10" jack, labbed 30" Bravo LH w/1.25" exhaust pipes, counter rotating Bob's lower, it goes faster when you spin it the other way...

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullet 20cc View Post
    Yeah they really aren't that heavy...it's just having that 'extra battery' behind the chine instead of in front of it. But a good stern lifting prop like a Bravo can alleviate that for the most part...
    You could just stick a 3.0 on the jackplate and have yourself an extra 100+ pounds back behind the chine!!!! HAHAHA!!!
    20XDC Bullet/Modified Merc 260
    295TF Charger/Merc 225X-Sold
    20' Contender Pickle Fork/Merc EFI Bridgeport-Sold
    18' Stratus with Sommerford Tunnel Vee Hull/2.4 EFI Merc High Perf-Sold
    Freedom 240DLX Toon/Merc 115
    10' Cougar Cub/Merc 25 on the Bottle
    18" Homebuilt Tunnel/.021 OS Max Outboard on 50% Nitro with a Pipe

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by QuickBullet View Post
    You could just stick a 3.0 on the jackplate and have yourself an extra 100+ pounds back behind the chine!!!! HAHAHA!!!
    Lol...I was definitely a little leary about going to a big block (3.1L) but it's a fair tradeoff at 509. The cowling on it weighs 40-50 lbs by itself. I figured a lightweight cowl could get it down to 475lbs and the phase three would get it up around 345 horsepower without having to turn some crazy rpms and have to rebuild every 100 hours so it became an easy decision. Even have the option of replacing the 3.1 block with a 3.3 if desired cuz the 3.3 will run the 3.1 injection system at no extra weight and even more normal rpm hp. The big blocks make the extra weight well worth it!

Quote Originally Posted by Bullet 20cc View Post
    The drag in the water and the air is whats tough with poles. Nothing like talons tho.

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

7. Member
    Thanks For Ever ones Input, I Ran It On Saturday: Motor Sitting 1/2 Above (Thanks To Paul Nichols) Both Talons Are All The Way Up (No Drag) 32 Gallons Of Gas, Live Well Full, 150 Lbs. On Riders Side,25 Pitch TXP W/ Total Of 8 Holes (Thanks To Performance Propeller) 6200RPM,18 Lbs. Of Water Pressure At 80.5 MPH

8. Member
    That's pretty good with the fishing load and having the 2 talons back there! Do you have a run w/or poles to compare it to by chance just to see the difference? I'm guessing your xrd would run 82-83ish with that load and w/o poles...making the poles only about a 2-3 mph difference? Does that sound about right?

9. Member
    No, I Tried The Boat Out W/O The Talons But The Guy I Bought It From Was Scare To Run It Very Fast, I'm Thinking With That Much Water Pressure (18 lbs) I May Can Move Up A Click Or Two On The Jack Plate ?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12