Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Member
    Love all the engineers here that have tire design experience.

2. Member
    I posted a picture of a Basscat with factory equipped Cooper radial tires. Both the Basscats I had had 4 Cooper (car?) radial tires. I didn't design them neither did I ever have any tire troubles.
    I was an engineer once, the train driver let me pull the cord and the whistle blew.
    Last edited by billnorman1; 12-03-2017 at 06:39 AM.

3. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Marshfly View Post
    You guys are over here arguing about car vs trailer tires and entirely missing the fact that these are 45 aspect ratio tires. My trailer has Goodyear Endurance 15" tires on a torsion axle and it still bounces around flexing the crap out of the sidewalls. No way would I want that narrow a sidewall on a trailer. Talk about asking for flats with potholes and curbs. 45 series tires are flat prone on cars. Have fun with that on a trailer.
    There's a ton of false information in this thread, but this is what really matters ^^^^
    The tires have way more than enough carrying capacity for any bass boat on a tandem trailer, but unless the OP drives on perfect roads, he will risk cutting the tires and/or damaging a wheel.
    I've seen my high sidewall single axle tires with 55psi compress halfway to the wheel when crossing over a bad 2" transition from the gravel to the pavement, while moving at barely a crawl.
    Simple rules:
    Single axle? Trailer tires under high pressure.
    Tandem axle? You have more options, but still need to use common sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Nova Kaw 650 View Post
    There's a ton of false information in this thread, but this is what really matters ^^^^

Simple rules:
    All you can do is advise people of the facts and the possibilities of using anything these days in a way they were not designed for.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nova Kaw 650 View Post
    The tires have way more than enough carrying capacity for any bass boat on a tandem trailer, but unless the OP drives on perfect roads, he will risk cutting the tires and/or damaging a wheel.
    I've seen my high sidewall single axle tires with 55psi compress halfway to the wheel when crossing over a bad 2" transition from the gravel to the pavement, while moving at barely a crawl.
    Simple rules:
    I tend to agree with Nova. 18's are not the biggest rim, but big enough to be of concern to me. I Know pimped out cars with their +20" rims pay hell on the roads in Wisconsin. Lots of bent or broken rims. They look real good, but pot holes win all the time. Our launches sometimes have a bad lip where concrete ends and gravel/mud starts. I was so happy to get a tandem on this boat to midigate this a bit. You having a tandem sould help some I would think. I am not going to get in the Car vs. Trailer tire thing. Others have responded and probably know much more than me. I know I am old achool and will only put Trailer tires under my trailer. Mine came with 4x ST215/75R14's load range C when I got it. No problems to date for me. Lots of overkill with my estimated tow weight of 3500 Lbs.
    Ches.
    2013 Lund 2010 Pro Guide, 150 Verado SN:2B024387
    2X Helix 12's Mega G2N's, Lvl. 2 Merc Monitor

6. Member
    tires and suspension shares the load going down the road, low profile tires will pound the crap out of your trailer suspension and boat!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123