Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar

Post Trim Leak-Down Problems on Late Model 75/90/115/150?

If you ARE experiencing trim system leakdown problems on the late-version 75/90/115/150, Contact your Local Authorized Mercury Dealer, and ask them to reference SB 2017-012 (Check Valves).

This should address leakdown problems (in excess of 1" over 24 hours, which is NORMAL) on the 75/90/115/150 (may exhibit as difficulty trimming down completely on the 150).

Hope this helps those of you who have mentioned difficulties.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

Great info Don. Does this still require a complete replacement of the trim unit or can the check valve itself be replaced now?

3. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Check Valves (plural). 2 or 3, depending on engine model.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

4. Member
    I was having this issue over and over on my 2017 ProXS 115 CT. The dealer/service replaced the whole unit twice and it still kept happening. Then a Mecury tech told me to try and trim the moto all the way up and let it bleed down with the manual release screw 5 to 6 times. After that it hasn't bleed down at all, and it sits for 1-2 weeks at a time. Try it, it might help.

5. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    TTT

6. Member
    I was one of the 4 stroke owners who talked to Don via e-mail about my new 150 4-stroke leaking down rather quickly. It has less than 10 hours on it. I talked to my local dealer about it and he had not seen the service bulletin but he ordered 4 of the check valves. Don do you know how many my 150 has? 2B467082

7. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    3 as I recall.

8. Member
    Still waiting on trim poppet valves for my new 150. Kinda the pits to have a brand new engine and can't fish because of a back-ordered defective part! And right now in this part of the country is some of our best fishing.

9. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    lperry- if it would help your dealer, we may have a set of those on the shelf.

10. Member
    Thanks Don. I think you are closed on Friday? If he doesn't have them by Monday I'll have him contact you. Lewis Perry

11. Member
    Tired of waiting on Mercury for the valves. Ordered from Rhonda at European Marine. They should be about the time the Arctic blast hits south central Oklahoma but it will not stay cold forever. At least it never has.

12. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Just glad that I had ordered a couple of them as soon as that Bulletin came out...

13. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lperry View Post
    Mine came in the mail todayfrom Rhonda-Don European Marine. My dealer told me Friday still nothing-no shipping date from Mercury.
    Up-date: dealer installed new poppet valves 12-29. Did not solve the problem>
    How many, and on which engine?

14. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FishTheBite View Post
    Me too on a 2015 115. The trim unit was replaced under warranty, the new unit leaked, it was replaced again under warranty. Now it is leaking out the top of the cylinder/ram again and this weekend the motor would not maintain trim when powering onto the trailer. Of course it is now out of warranty.

Has anyone tried rebuilding the ram and replacing the check valves and o rings themselves?
    This question should be put into it's own separate thread, with appropriate engine info. Thanks!

15. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TxBassfisher View Post
    My 2017 115 proxs 4s drops from full trim to all the way down while running in a matter of 30sec-1min. It will also drop from all the up to down On the ground in 10min or less. Is this what we are talking about? Boat is at dealer right now for this. Dealer said they are going to contact mercury to replace entire trim unit.
    Yes. The information in Post#1 applies.

16. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Thread now closed as folks continue to post separate engines to it. Please take a few moments to review the ANNOUNCEMENTS at the top of the Forum, open your own Separate Thread, and provide the Required Information with your post. Thank you for your cooperation!