Fuse on 1994 190 dc

According to the electrical diagram there are supposed to be 2 30 amp fuses leaving from each trolling motor battery. Mine only has one on the 12 volt side. The wire on the other battery goes straight to bow trolling motor panel.The system is a 12/24 volt. Do I need to add a fuse

2. Member
    Is your trolling motor 12/24 or just 24V? Are your trolling batteries hooked up like this? If so, then your system has been changed to a 24V system.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Ed R.

2006 ChampioN 198 225 Optimax

3. Member
    I also have a 94 190. The stock setup was 12/24 with 2 30 amp fuses and 4 wires running to the front. I have changed mine to a straight 24 and have only 2 wires running to the front with a single 60 amp fuse. Like Ed said, yours may have been switched to run 24V by a previous owner.

Josh

4. Member
    Josh what gauge wire. My setup only has 3 wires going to front. Red black and orange. 12v, ground and 24 volt respectively I believe it is 8 gauge according to manual.

5. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    The Contenders were a 3 wire system with 8ga wire, fuses in both the red and orange wires. The Elites had 4 wires of 6ga. The Elites also had circuit breakers rather than fuses. If you are upgrading the TM to straight 24v, I would pull 6ga and just pull 1 red and 1 black to help with the extra current of the newer TMs and fuse accordingly or use the appropriate circuit breaker. If you are staying with your original 12/24 TM, I wouldn't change anything other than getting a fuse in the 24v wire.

6. Member
    I have an Elite. It had four 6 guage wires and 2 push button 30A circuit breakers. If your going to be running new wire I would go ahead and replace the trolling motor plug up front. My original burnt out on me in the middle of a tournament. :(