Banned

new fix for the yamaha sho LOWER UNIT.

here is another alternative for the Yamaha lower unit. instead of the mercury sportmaster...

LONE WOLF CUSTOM FABRICATIONS

2. Member
    JR, is that your lower unit? Have you run the SHO yet?

3. Member
    Looking to impale a few gators are we? Looks great!

4. Member
    Looking forward to a test report............... Kind of curious to what the goal is here?
    The stock SHO gear case has too much lift designed into as proven by a lot of testing. Adding a significant amount of surface seems like it would add more lift which is the last thing you would want???? Maybe I just don't understand how water is supposed to flow around a gear case...............
    Last edited by scj; 11-07-2017 at 01:25 PM.

5. Member
    I was told to make the point on my sportmaster blunt rounded so to speak about the shape of a large marble. Good thing about the SHO gear case it doesn’t have water in it every time you pull the plug.

6. Member
    I see water pressure and volume being a problem.

7. Member
    jason i will be sending my hpdi lower to you to modify, it has got to be better than what we are running at the present time, and you will be testing this weekend call me let me know how it does and where to ship mine thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TB21 View Post
    I see water pressure and volume being a problem.
    Would the holes be to far back potentially be the cause? Or length of the cone potentially be an issue?
    Jay McDaniel
    2003 Allison XB21 BasSport Elite 2+2
    2019 Mercury Racing 300R

9. Member
    I think so but , testing will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by tritontr21 View Post
    Would the holes be to far back potentially be the cause? Or length of the cone potentially be an issue?

Quote Originally Posted by TB21 View Post
    I think so but , testing will tell.
    Read on FB preliminary tests up to 110 worked. He stated he was shooting for high 120's this weekend if the conditions allowed! Personally I wasn't sure it would work but I learn something new everyday!
    Jay McDaniel
    2019 Mercury Racing 300R

11. Member
    Read on FB preliminary tests up to 110 worked. He stated he was shooting for high 120's this weekend if the conditions allowed! Personally I wasn't sure it would work but I learn something new everyday!
    Keep in mind, the water pattern off a mirage is likely going to be different than V-bottom Allison. They also will like the stern lift more than an Allison where paddle wheeling can get real funky. What SHO tune is he running? I know it used to be a stock 250.

Quote Originally Posted by JCSmile View Post
    Keep in mind, the water pattern off a mirage is likely going to be different than V-bottom Allison. They also will like the stern lift more than an Allison where paddle wheeling can get real funky. What SHO tune is he running? I know it used to be a stock 250.

13. Member
    i agree, but keep in mind he also had the stock case over 100 or 110 everybody said that couldnt be done.

Quote Originally Posted by bassworm1 View Post
    i agree, but keep in mind he also had the stock case over 100 or 110 everybody said that couldnt be done.
    And over 100 on an XB2002 as well if memory serves me right.
    Jay McDaniel
    2019 Mercury Racing 300R

15. Member
    And over 100 on an XB2002 as well if memory serves me right.

Ive been following him closely on facebook as im very interested in the sho. I do remember seeing posts of 108 or so on a xb 02. The motor was an original 250 that's been flashed to 300 and limiter raised. I think he mentioned 330 hp at the prop and around 360 at the crank.

16. Member
    hi everyone this is Jason wolf with LONE WOLF RACING AND FAB... I built this cone to be safe on the big end and create lift with low water pick up ..to make a boat more stable to drive and have better water pressure with the SHO ... I run a mirage tunnel and had Allison b2002 with my sho it and love It... just to answer a few questions is water pressure .. water pressure is wonderful even 21/2 inches above pad ..have 30 psi on mechanical gage .. and 20 cruising at 4500rpm.. the shape of the cone throws few off but makes the case 1 nch longer than a sporty... I have ran this also on my brothers 191 ranger caymen and was very pleased wit the stability and speeds I achieved of 81 mph at 6800 with a 25 m on such a bow heavy boat so im sure it will help out any boat we put this set up on.. if anyone has further questions I can be reached at 407-506-7282 LONEWOLF RACING AND FAB.. WE cut mids clamps swivels install low water pick up on all lowers and also fab anything u can dream ... nose con set ups start of a$750 plus shipping but very a little from there.. please give mea call