Clean 206DC at Vics Sporting Goods

Ran across it if anyones looking. It looks pretty clean and only 153hrs on motor

2. Member
    Pretty sure it already sold.

It was mine.. I hadn't heard that it sold but i know there were several guys interested...
    Scott

2022 Phoenix 21 PHX
    Solix & Helix w/ Mega Live
    MinnKota Ultrexx 36v 112
    Power Poles

4. Banned
    So you went over to the dark side???... Dan

I did :-)

i wanted a brand new boat...
    Scott

2022 Phoenix 21 PHX
    MinnKota Ultrexx 36v 112
    Power Poles

6. Member
    I'm looking to the dark side too. Lol. How does that 521c compare to your 206. I'm coming out of a 210

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by champ210 View Post
    I'm looking to the dark side too. Lol. How does that 521c compare to your 206. I'm coming out of a 210
    I been in both and if I couldn'ts stand it any longer I would just get a Ranger wrap on the 206. No way I'm switching hulls.
    GETFISHED !!!

8. Champion Boats Moderator Lea's Avatar
    I heard that a person working at Ranger (when PE started building the 183, 202 and 210) said that the 210 Elite was the best boat they had ever built.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by getfished View Post
    I been in both and if I couldn'ts stand it any longer I would just get a Ranger wrap on the 206. No way I'm switching hulls.
    I think that is being done already?

10. Member
    Shes been a good one. No real complaints but I got a offer I couldn't refuse.

So... I'll start off by saying I am not a "go fast" guy and avoid really rough water so the entire "best rough water hull / smoothest riding hull" discussion is sort of lost on me.

It's all about "fishability" as Vic explains very well - I spend 95% of my time on the trolling motor and the 521 maneuvers much better that my 206 did. The 206 sat high in the bow on the water - granted it has dual Talons but it sat high before they were installed as well. The 521 sits level on the water.

One example I noticed right away: When sitting along a dock waiting to load, in the 206 I would back up and almost always have to spin around to line up straight with the trailer. With the 521 I back up, turn the motor a little goose it and it lines right up. I find the 521 moves more deliberately on the water at idle speeds.

One huge deal for me is the drivers seat. The 521 driver seat is adjustable and most importantly sits much higher. The 206 has comfortable seats but they sit lower - like a cockpit. I always had to use the steering wheel to help pull myself up out of the 205 seats. The 521 seat i just stand up. Sitting higher does provide much better visibility for me.

Of course there are other comparisons that are more 2005 v.s. 2017 / new v.s. old - mostly things that could be added to the 205: Remote drain plug, disconnect and jump switch, locker ventilation system, compartment and live well LED lighting...

One thing i seriously considered was what I had invested in the 206 and what i thought it would value at. I thought it was an optimal time to trade up. I did look at Phoenix, Skeeter and Basscat as well. I had a thread going here on BBC about it for a couple weeks.. Bottom line - Ranger makes a top quality boat, Vics is 25 min from my house and I wanted to buy local. I looked further afield but Vics took great care of me. The 206 came from Vics when it was new - my buddy bought it and I bought it from him as the second owner.

Hope it helps... I loved the Champion but I wanted a NEW boat - one that I broke in, I take care of from day one! I have had a lot of bassboats but only two brand news ones - a Tracker Pro17 in 1992 and this 521c.

Someone will get a hell of a rig in that 206 - I had replaced just about everything there was to replace.. Only thing it needed was the livewell auto selector valve replaced - it stuck on me this past summer.

One other item - the 521 rolls up on plane instantly and with no effort.. I had to steer the 205 onto plane if I wanted to jump up quickly..
    Last edited by smp005; 11-08-2017 at 09:46 PM.
    Scott

2022 Phoenix 21 PHX
    MinnKota Ultrexx 36v 112
    Power Poles

Shes been a good one. No real complaints but I got a offer I couldn't refuse.
    Exactly - we were lucky we had Champions...

Are you talking to Vic?
    Scott

2022 Phoenix 21 PHX
    MinnKota Ultrexx 36v 112
    Power Poles

13. Member
    No, Just saw it looking for used boats over the net. I have a local Ranger dealer about 10 minutes away (Freedom Outdoors). Id like to buy off them if possible but since I'm looking for used it might not happen but they'll def be the ones servicing it

14. Banned
    that Maroon Champ at Vics is gorgeous!!!

15. Member
    About the rough water ride. I'm no speed demon either but I think when most people say rough water ride what I think what they really mean is big water ride. They're is a huge difference between cruising around on a calm 5000 acre lake vs a calm St Clair, Erie or Rayburn. Its almost like the water is denser or its carrying more energy because you just never seem to get that soft feeling like you do on smaller lakes

16. Banned
    To me, anything that would crash over the bow while sitting still on the lake is when the rough water ride comes into play. I’m guessing that’s around 2’-2.5’ waves with whitecaps breaking. Seems to be very different waves over the different lakes, a 2’ roller is way better to navigate than 2’ white cappers.

No, Just saw it looking for used boats over the net. I have a local Ranger dealer about 10 minutes away (Freedom Outdoors). Id like to buy off them if possible but since I'm looking for used it might not happen but they'll def be the ones servicing it
    The guys at Freedom are cool.. I talked to them in the past. Like yourself, I wanted to deal local...
    Scott

2022 Phoenix 21 PHX
    MinnKota Ultrexx 36v 112
    Power Poles

18. Member
    There are a lot of boats just as good when you take the rough water out of the equation. Congrats on your new rig.