Dropshot. Rod opinions

I’m looking to get a new drop shot rod . I have a Dobyns 701 championships series . I’m either looking at the Diawa Tatula awg elite or megabass orochi xxx. Does anybody have either one is rods and can give me an opinion I would appreciate it

I don't have a suggestion for you as I've never really had a high end drop shot rod, but can I ask what you don't like about the Dobyns? Is that the Champion Extreme HP or Champion XP? I had been eyeing the 702 Champion XP as my new drop shot rod for next year...the 701 would be too light for my uses I believe but I've read a lot of good things about the 702 for that purpose.
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360, Garmin 106 SV, LVS 34

3. Member
    Which tatula elite are you looking at? I have the orochi as well as the tatula elite ags 7'1" M ehrler rod. I prefer the orochi for weights 3/8oz and under, usually for minnow style baits on that rod. The tat elite I use for 3/8oz and above weights with wacky senkos. The orochi can for sure handle the bigger weight and a senko as I used it for all drop shooting before I got my ags, but I just prefer the stiffer rod now for that specifically so it doesn't feel like too much load on it. The orochi handles fish awesome, I honestly have a hard time thinking of lost fish over my 2 full seasons with it. The elite is great as well, loass up well and keeps fish pinned, but there is just something special with the orochi. The elite I will say is more versatile which is what ehrler really made it for. Great for a lot of different techniques.

4. Member
    I use the Orochi XX d.s. and works wonders. Ive caught from 1-5lbers...and in semi heavy cover and it works great.

5. Banned
    I've got a Kistler magnesium that works great.

I've got one of the old black blank 7'2" Shimano Crucials, technique specific dropshot rods that you would have to pry from my cold dead hands.
    Don't worry Ma'am....
    I'm only here for the
    Bass.

7. Member
    I have a champion 702sf and love it. Bought another one cause I use em so much for fishin a drop shot. That 701sf would be pretty light to fish a drop shot
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL

8. Member
    701 is perfect for crappie,, need the 702 for bass