Sucked up some mud, now the engine isn't peeing

Got stuck in mud some time back and I'm sure I've sucked up a good amount through the water intake because I had to clear them several times trying to get out of the mud. So now, the engine isn't peeing, but I watch my temperature gauge and it isn't over-heating either, so I'm wondering where I need to look for what I'm guessing is a clog in the line that leads to the pee hole.

BTW...It's a 97 Mercury 150 EFI.

Thanks!
    Last edited by vabass; 11-06-2017 at 10:31 PM. Reason: Forgot to add engine details

2. Member
    I guess you already rebuilt the W/P
    Speed cost money. How fast ya wanna go? I have done so much for so long with so little. I can now do the impossible with nothing!

3. Member
    No, I haven't...thought if that wasn't working the engine would overheat, which it isn't. But, I may do that anyhow since it'll be two years since the last change.

Thanks.

4. Member
    can you back flush it
    Last edited by buster502; 11-08-2017 at 08:35 PM.

5. Member
    Haven't tried, how do you do that?

There should be a garden hose type fitting on the back of the cowling. You can flush is there. Also, I have found that sometime debris gets stuck in the little plastic or brass fittings that connect the water discharge hoses. It just takes a few minutes to disassemble and clean them out.

7. Member
    Ok, thanks...I'll check it out.