Banned

Trim max or cut off??? or is it a problem

So....got my new2me boat back from the mechanic today from him doing a tune up/carburetor clean up/adjustment....

So I was finally able to run the boat on the water since purchase. i was out for about 4 hours, with 3 hours being just running around the lake ("opened up" and running about 4-4500 rpm most of the time).....Well I dont know what plane is, but Im not sure if I got it.

My boat is a 2004 Tracker with a "Tracker" by mercury marine 2 stroke ELPTO (i think thats the term for electric start, power trim and oil injected motors). I saw some youtube vids and tried trimming up to get on plane by paying attention to the splash on the side of the boat....basically I was getting little/no splash at my side when trimmed up and "opened up" and wasnt bouncing around (porposing?) on the water.

Im a kayak fisherman so it was basically lightspeed to me! LMAO...but I dont know if I was on plane. what I did notice, and hope wasnt an issue.....there was a max/cutoff or just a certain point where the motor WOULD NOT trim up (while "opened up") even while I was pressing the trim up button on the throttle. Motor trimmed up and down fine at the dock when it was time to go and when stopped...but when running it there was a stopping point where it just wouldnt go. I could hear the hum of the trim working but no movement upward.

Is this an issue that I need to get fixed, or something standard? both trim buttons working while its parked in my front yard....so confused!

Late edit: It trimmed down fine even opened up, but at the same time still had that cutoff point on trimming up
    Last edited by bockscar; 11-06-2017 at 09:18 PM. Reason: late edit

You have a junker, should probably just hand your boat over to someone else so you don't have to deal with it anymore.

Seriously though, find someone here on the forum that can meet you at the lake and take a ride with you..
    2000 Javelin Renegade 20 DC.
    Strong men create easy times, Easy times create weak men & weak men create hard times. Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum
    In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.
    In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings. "Author Unknown"
    In 2021 18-40 year old's want to and work to cancel you out if you have a different opinion.

3. Member
    When your motor is under a load ther is a top limit on the trim . That way the motor won't come up out f the water

4. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by tdt91 View Post
    You have a junker, should probably just hand your boat over to someone else so you don't have to deal with it anymore.

Seriously though, find someone here on the forum that can meet you at the lake and take a ride with you..
    Wow. Im super triggered right now! super triggered!

Quote Originally Posted by gambler4 View Post
    When your motor is under a load ther is a top limit on the trim . That way the motor won't come up out f the water
    Ok....so that was normal? And im guessing I was on "plane" considering its a 50hp 2 stroke? ride was smooth....and lightspeed to me! lol I did see a dude out there with a new(er) Nitro that was burning water...........kinda got a little jelly! but was on cloud 9 riding around in my first boat and wouldnt have traded it for anything!

my 50hp tracker > KVDs rig.......in my opinion! lol

5. Banned
    No one fishes Elephant Butte here td91 :(

yeah your on plane as soon as the bow comes down after the whole shot.
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

We are required to take driving lessons and then pass a written and driving test to drive a car. Maybe it should be the same for boats.
    2000 Javelin Renegade 20 DC.
    Strong men create easy times, Easy times create weak men & weak men create hard times. Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum
    In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.
    In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings. "Author Unknown"
    In 2021 18-40 year old's want to and work to cancel you out if you have a different opinion.

hello fellow el paso fisherman. i should be at elephant butte on friday.
    1986 Mercury 200 "parts motor" waiting to be swapped out.
    1987 184 DCB Fish and Ski.
    1987 Mercury 175. JPL 6" Manual jack plate. JSRE Heads
    23 Hi 5 ski prop. Croxton B&B 23 Tempest. Croxton B&B 23 Yamaha M. 26 Mazco RE3. 24 Mazco RE4.

9. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by spookyg View Post
    hello fellow el paso fisherman. i should be at elephant butte on friday.
    Where you launching at Spooky? im 60/40 gonna go on friday....just gotta take care of things tomorrow. What time you getting there?

7 am at the main marina.
    1986 Mercury 200 "parts motor" waiting to be swapped out.
    1987 184 DCB Fish and Ski.
    1987 Mercury 175. JPL 6" Manual jack plate. JSRE Heads
    23 Hi 5 ski prop. Croxton B&B 23 Tempest. Croxton B&B 23 Yamaha M. 26 Mazco RE3. 24 Mazco RE4.

11. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by spookyg View Post
    7 am at the main marina.
    Sounds good! ill message you tomorrow to let you know if I am making it out on Friday!