1991 Mercury 200 dies under load

I just got my boat back from having the transom rebuilt and I took it out and it fired right up and idles perfect. The first time out the boat ran pretty good but at higher RPMs (4000ish) it would bog down/cut out and die, I figured maybe just fuel lines were loose so I replaced all my hose clamps and inspected my fuel lines and they all appear to be in good shape. So I took it out again and my first run I had it up almost 5500 RPMs and then it started to cut out again and died. Fired it up, put it in gear to run back to the ramp and it wouldn't get over about 1800 RPMs before dying.

2. Member
    I had a guy I fish with (been a marine mechanic along time) come look at the motor and he believes the fuel pump needs to be rebuilt.

3. Member
    Can someone help me find the fuel pump rebuild kit I need serial number is 0d021545. On the websites I’ve seen it lists a serial number and up (xxxxxxxxxx and up) not sure what all that means.

4. Member
    Visit European Marine's website, create an account on their parts and accessories section and look up by serial number. Your engine is listed (I checked). Alternatively you could do as recommended in the link below.

If you want to order or price Mercury Engine Parts or Accessories...

_______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax

5. Member
    That website is great how it lists parts by s/n. Thanks!

6. Member
    Use my s/n if your motor is a Carb or early EFI ......0D006834.....minds is a 1990 0r 1991 engine.

7. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Keep in mind- ANY time you have a FUEL delivery problem, you ALSO HAVE AN OIL DELIVERY PROBLEM. I would not continue running the engine until (or unless) this problem has been rectified.

Good idea to go ahead and do ALL items recommended in the link below done ALL at the same time.

FUEL LINES AND PERFORMANCE PROBLEMS

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

8. Member
    Ended up being the stator. I did all new fuel lines, filter and rebuilt the pump and it ran exactly the same.