Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
  1. Banned
    Anything that wast on a speed of 1 shows the speed setting in the shot

I already posted shots of the brush piles. What you posted is not a man made brush pile, that’s a rubish pile left by a frigging bull dozer lol. Our brush piles are much smaller and dropped by hand from a boat. They can start off as little as a single tree and degrade from there. I have to rescan locations every few years because what was once 2 trees can be a stick in 4 years.

2. Member
    Troy this is not a 1 speed. Ask anyone who uses 360 a reasonable amount they they will tell you it is not 1

John

Solix 12, Helix 12, Onix 10

Quote Originally Posted by StrikeBack View Post
    Troy this is not a 1 speed. Ask anyone who uses 360 a reasonable amount they they will tell you it is not 1

If that's 1, his unit is defective.
    2017 Ranger Z520c "Blackout Edition"
    2017 Mercury Optimax ProXS 250
    HB Solix 12 G3 MSI+, Solix 12 G2 MSI+, Solix G2 MDI+, Solix 12 2d/gps, Ultrex Mega360, Mega Live
    NRA Life Member
    -Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour-

4. Member
    And as far as panoptic is concerned, some of us have abandoned old 2d technology since imagery sonar was available. panoptic is not new it is just 2d with zero chart speed.
    John

5. Member
    +1 on defective

6. Banned
    I promise it’s 1. I’ll add boat speed back to the overlays and take screen shots with settings open. The only screen shots I have taken that were not a speed of 1 have the speed showing in the shot. Those were taken without the disable sonar setting turned on though cause you can see the interference. Turning it on got rid of the little lines but didn’t help the image.
    Last edited by TroyBoy30; 11-24-2017 at 05:45 AM.

7. Member
    Troy we take your word for it but there is no doubt it is scanning too fast, The image is typical of a faster scan. It is NOT behaving like 1
    John

8. Member
    I am not a 360 guy yet,but are we talking scan speed or boat speed here? Bob

9. Member
    Bob, Scan speed is what is causing the streaking on that image
    John

10. Member
    I thought as much but Troy referenced boat speed. Bob

11. Member
    Bob, didn't get that at the time, but you are right and I am not sure if he is understanding it all.
    John

12. Banned
    Understanding what? I’ve told you all of the details already. Go back and read from the beginning. Boat speed is 0, scan speed is 1, all default settings except for playing with sensitivity and contrast. I even posted screen shots of the same tree on side imaging and 360. Brand new ultrex 360 unit that was a replacement for the first one I had that had a leak.

I mentioned adding boat speed to the data overlay because someone didn’t believe the boat was not moving. Now you don’t believe speed is set to 1. You guys would be great at customer service lol

13. Member
    Troy we are customers not sellers.
    John

14. Member
    Either way the scan speed is showing too fast. As has been said if scan speed is 1 then the unit is faulty.
    John

15. Banned
    yea it was a joke dude.

hopefully i can post this without getting all of these shots mixed up.

here is what you asked for

150 foot range

no trolling motor

trolling motor on 4

trolling motor on 10

the scan speed works.....you can see it slow down or speed up

here is a rocky point with some pretty large rocks.

i tried to increase range like deb asked but it didnt seem to help. I tried to remember to get a full screen shot then a shot showing settings. I also added the boat speed to the data over lays so you can see my speed. I did the best I could between catching 22 fish! :-P

someone else asked for me to scan a brush pile with side imaging then with 360. here are those. you will notice the waypoint names are all the same. this is one of the larger ones at almost 15 feet tall

i see a dark spot which I assume is the shadow, but I don't see the tree at all. you can barely see it even when its in the water column

Last edited by TroyBoy30; 11-24-2017 at 05:18 PM.

16. Banned
    I also scanned some shallow visible wood. dern if I can see it on 360.

I even scanned a boat dock with a lift in the water and couldn't see it either. I lost that pic somehow

Ill ask Deb to take a look at these and see what comes.

Good job of getting those examples.

Did you get any SI images of the brush pile that is not in the water column since your goal to see stuff before you get to it with the 360?
    Stuff in the water column is a lot easier to see than when the lake bottom is the background.

This is the same subject both ways:

Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

18. Member
    The shadows of the brush piles show up real well . Lol . Troy your last two shots is that the boat dock to the right about 3-4 o’clock?

After looking at these last scans posted.I believe the 360 unit is working properly.

20. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne P. View Post
    Good job of getting those examples.

Did you get any SI images of the brush pile that is not in the water column since your goal to see stuff before you get to it with the 360?
    Stuff in the water column is a lot easier to see than when the lake bottom is the background.
    everything I did today has been posted above.

Quote Originally Posted by Wallace View Post
    The shadows of the brush piles show up real well . Lol . Troy your last two shots is that the boat dock to the right about 3-4 o’clock?
    I believe I aksked if the shadow may be from the brush, but where is the brush?

Yes, that’s the dock. I didn’t even notice it till you asked and i looked. Shame that’s not what I wanted to see. At least it’s easy to see a huge double decker metal dock with 2 lifts in the water. Maybe everyone will start sinking metal brush piles

Quote Originally Posted by fisher12 View Post
    After looking at these last scans posted.I believe the 360 unit is working properly.
    Cool. I can give it to my buddy with a clear conscience. I didn’t want to give someone something that may be defective. Thanks everyone.
    Last edited by TroyBoy30; 11-24-2017 at 07:04 PM.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast