Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TroyBoy30 View Post
    yea that'll really help. no mention of settings or anything. so helpful
    With the 1198 and Helix, I use Fine/Fast and adjust the Sensitivity like I do with Side Imaging, that's it.
    You use Side Imaging and its no different than that since 360 is Side Imaging that rotates.

With the ONIX and SOLIX, I used 2 for the rotation speed, otherwise the same as with the Helix.

The brush piles are on about 45 degrees slopes so the brightness changes as the depth changes. On a flat bottom, I can have the Sensitivity low enough to get better detail:

I had posted this before where a 10# 13 oz bass was after a school of shad:

Last edited by Wayne P.; 11-07-2017 at 08:23 AM.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

2. Member
    Troy,

First of all - I think you have yours setup wrong, or a defective one if it's ever been leaking oil. Have you ever been on YouTube and watched the Doug Vahrenberg settings of where to start? I prefer the amber color palette for my 360.

The 360 is never going to show you every single limb of the tree like it would with down imaging and you are scanning over it. There will be certain images you can get a crisp picture, and some where you can't. Also has to do with how much wind you're dealing with so how much up and down movement there is at the bow. The intent is to give you a decent picture so you can understand exactly where it is in relation to the boat, and the outer edges and any special features. I don't understand how you would even read that on your Panoptix, that makes absolutely no sense it's just a sideway shooting 2D and bounces back with the first signal return so you'll never understand how it truly lays out. If you want to know what settings to run, then ASK specifically for other peoples setups if they post a picture and you like what they're seeing. Don't bash somebody for posting a YouTube video and calling them unhelpful. I'd be happy to share my settings if you'd like to know. I should have taken a screenshot via the unit so my image wouldn't have been so pixelated. Here is a school of crappie & bluegill that I got to watch swim around the boat as the school moved. Was pretty cool. I don't have any pictures of getting structure on my 360, but I get good readings off my unit and have enjoyed using it. Will not go without one. Will also be a game-changer when Humminbird is able to improve upon the technology in the future.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Ranger z520 // Mercury 250 Pro XS
    12ft BT Talons/112 Ultrex/Hbird 360

3. Banned
    my 1st unit was leaking out of the box. this one isn't

4. Member
    Have you had success with it showing rocks or rock piles? Or grass & grass lines?

Ranger z520 // Mercury 250 Pro XS
    12ft BT Talons/112 Ultrex/Hbird 360

5. Banned
    we don't have any grass but I could try to scan some rocks. seems so far the easiest thing to see is a drop off or channel. those create large shadows

6. Member
    we don't have any grass but I could try to scan some rocks. seems so far the easiest thing to see is a drop off or channel. those create large shadows
    360 works excellent for rocks. You can see them individually pretty well. Helped me catch plenty of walleye this year. I easy fished the edge of the rocks without spooking the fish. I could not have done this without the 360.

360 does not work well with sand I have found out unless it is deep and the fish are schooled up. It is easy to see bait and schools of walleyes because of the water column. I will post some pics from earlier this spring to show you a school of walleyes on 360 from this spring.

360 is a useful tool.

7. Member
    Unfortunately Lowrance hasn't manage to develop a 360 system (yet)*, but some guys from Ukraine have built one with the Lowrance SS3D Xducer...I really like their work and the picture quality it can produce: http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=806828&page=2

*SpotlightScan doesn't count

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mn_bowhunter View Post
    Have you had success with it showing rocks or rock piles? Or grass & grass lines?
    I have had mine show me rock piles and grass lines another are where the 360 shines.
    2020 BassChamps Central Lake Belton 1st - Feb 2
    2019 Media Bass Individual Champion - Richland Chambers Sep 7-8
    2019 CAST Champions - Sam Rayburn Oct 19-20
    2011 BassChamps East Region Champions-Sam Rayburn Oct 1-2

2020 Bullet 21XRS 2020 Mercury 250 ProXS 4 Stroke
    Texas Realtor
    Helping Texans buy and Sell their Homes

9. Member
    I prefer Amber2
    2020 BassChamps Central Lake Belton 1st - Feb 2
    2019 Media Bass Individual Champion - Richland Chambers Sep 7-8
    2019 CAST Champions - Sam Rayburn Oct 19-20
    2011 BassChamps East Region Champions-Sam Rayburn Oct 1-2

2020 Bullet 21XRS 2020 Mercury 250 ProXS 4 Stroke
    Texas Realtor
    Helping Texans buy and Sell their Homes

10. Member

Here is a huge school of walleye (near the bottom) and baitfish in the water column on a sandy bottom in 15-18 feet. 360 is great for seeing schools of fish and bait but, horrible for seeing anything on the sandy bottom.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by foo View Post

Here is a huge school of walleye (near the bottom) and baitfish in the water column on a sandy bottom in 15-18 feet. 360 is great for seeing schools of fish and bait but, horrible for seeing anything on the sandy bottom.
    I get better images with the contrast way up in the teens.
    2017 Ranger Z520c "Blackout Edition"
    2017 Mercury Optimax ProXS 250
    HB Solix 12 G3 MSI+, Solix 12 G2 MSI+, Solix G2 MDI+, Solix 12 2d/gps, Ultrex Mega360, Mega Live
    NRA Life Member
    -Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour-

12. Member
    I'd agree, 360 images don't compare to the amazing detail when it comes to submerged trees and such using SI or DI.
    However it shows rocks very nicely in my limited experiences so far.

Disclaimer: I didn't really intend these videos for showing off the 360 but you can still catch a glimpse of the returns.

13. Winter can end now..... BoatBuggy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by foo View Post
    On soft bottoms, try setting the contrast way up. That will make hard objects jump out on the screen.
    2013 Ranger Z520c, 2013 Yamaha 250 SHO
    2018 Ranger RT198p, 2013 Mercury 150 Optimax

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BoatBuggy View Post
    On soft bottoms, try setting the contrast way up. That will make hard objects jump out on the screen.

Sandy bottoms are usually hard and very very reflective of the DI. Hard to see anything but in the water column. I am not complaining--it's just know 360 limitations and its strength are a big part in getting the most out of it. I wish I had my rock pics from this summer. 360 is wonderful for rocks.

15. Banned
    Troy, any chance that you’re getting electrical interference from the ultrex?

16. Banned
    i haven't seen any. I did have cross talk before I enabled the disable imaging setting. At least im assuming that's what these little sparkles are cause it went away when i changed the setting

i haven't seen any. I did have cross talk before I enabled the disable imaging setting. At least im assuming that's what these little sparkles are cause it went away when i changed the setting

Good way to check....set your range to max.while your 360 is scanning,turn the trolling motor on.look at the outer edges of the scans.if your getting rf noise,you'll see it. (360,on a good day is already fuzzy.you don't want rf also)turn chirp off.

Troyboy,I just thought of one more thing that could help.use your influence with humminbird people.I believe if hummibird would just change there software.add 800kHz frequency, to there existing 360 piezoes. You would then have the ability to run a split screen 360/si.using the si on 455khz, for longer range.then use the 360,as you get closer, for more detail and fish while boat is stationary.

19. Banned
    ill try all this stuff soon. speed to 2 or 3, change color pallet and play with contrast. I might not get out this weekend due to weather. 70 today and 50 tomorrow with a 20 mph wind I might just put the boat in just to try 360 in the marina

20. Member
    use your influence with humminbird people,

H
    A
    H
    A
    H
    A

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast