In desperate need of help for Lake Anna

Been on lake 3 times now. 1st time caught some fish. Last 2, NOTHING.

I am at a total lost for ideas. I am relatively new to bass fishing, but have still managed to find a few most places. I have also not fish in colder weather.

Today we tried a lot of different things. I am thinking I am spending too much time in unproductive areas. Seems like I am only finding fish deep but can't seem to get them to bite.

My son is getting pretty discuraged for next weekend.
    Semper Fi

2. Banned
    I can't help with Anna. But why drive all the way up there from Chesterfield, when Chesdin has good bass and the James and Appomatox river are loaded. The barge pit stays warm a long time. Obvious structure and almost always holding fish. And if the younger one is getting board, have him tie on a 1/16 oz head with a 2" curly tail and fish right behind everything you just casted too. Won't be long, you will want to switch.

3. Member
    We do fish Chesdin. ( 2 miles away).
    He isn't board he is getting discuraged because we can't seem to figure anything out at Anna.
    He begged me to do the VDFT at Anna. So we have been trying to figure something out there.

Yesterday we tried finding bait fish with no real luck. Tried some shallower flats just off of deep water. Fished some docks and some points. We did find several fish near humps in deep water but could not get any to bite.
    Semper Fi

4. Member
    Try www.va-outdoors.com and read past Lake Anna fishing reports for this time of year.

5. Member
    I did read as much of them as I could. Will have to read though again and hope for the beat.
    Semper Fi

6. Member
    Anna's a finicky B..ch!! I can't tell you how many times we left discouraged and without a single fish. I've been going once per week since mid August. The time on the water has definitely paid off. I'm finally catching fish on every trip. Now have to figure out getting some bigger ones. I was on the lake yesterday as a boat captain for the high school tournament. We fished mid and down lake. My angler had good day, caught 8 and brought in a limit just over 8lbs. Finese and top water I think 10 and change won it. Fish to your strengths and keep at it. It will eventually pay off. I'll be fishing the Veterans Day Tournament also with my son who is in the USCG. Lets try and make contact so we can meet up sometime this winter.
    1999 Stratos 273 Vindicator 2013 Yamaha 150hp HPDI Vmax

7. Member
    Thanks you BassinBee. Sounds good
    Semper Fi

8. Member
    l'll be there Saturday....welcome to Lake Anna, it sucks.....break out the d/s and S/H and do work :)

9. Member
    I will be there Saturday as well. I have only fished Anna once before so I will be struggling right there with you.

See you guys in a couple of days.
    2019 Phoenix 819, 200 HP Mercury Pro Xs.

So will I. Boat 6.

11. Member
    It's going to be a wee bit chilly. We are boat 10
    Last edited by Bassin273Stratos; 11-09-2017 at 08:24 PM.

12. Member
    Boat 22
    Semper Fi

13. Member
    How did Anna treat everyone yesterday beside being cold? We had our limit before 10 but could never cull up after that. Ended up with 5 for 5.38.
    Last edited by Bassin273Stratos; 11-12-2017 at 12:24 PM.

14. Member
    We had two for 2.73.
    2019 Phoenix 819, 200 HP Mercury Pro Xs.

We had 3 for 6 something. One was 4.26. Lost a few around docks and 2 through the crank. Was a good time just way cold. Thanks to all

16. Member
    We had a big fat 0. My son didn't move til around 10am. I found some fish deep but could not figure out how to catch them.....
    I think I spend too much time with unproductive water. But i really don't know. Was interesting to have to clear ice from guides most of the day.

Hopefully by next year I can get A LOT better.
    Semper Fi