Seeking motor advice

I have had a series of unfortunate events occur recently. I’ve somehow managed to destroy my 08 ETEC 250 HO on my 2000 20XD. I’m going to take this opportunity to swap over to a mercury. I have an opportunity to buy three different motors. The choices are below. Let me know what you guys think.

2007 225 Sport XS with 329 hours purchased and maintenances at Reynolds Racing for $8500

2006 225 Pro XS with roughly 430 hours with fleet master l/u for $5500

2012 250 Pro XS 330 hours but is being rebuilt right now torque master with bob pickup and 6 mo.warranty for $8500

If these were your choices what would you do.

In my opinion, the 06 would be my least favorable due to the fact that I’d change lowers and then price would be right up with the other two, plus it has the most hours, but they’re all fairly close though on hours. The 07 sounds like a good deal and would probably be worth it. I’d rather have the 12 especially it being a 250 with low hours. Rebuilds can make you wonder why it is being rebuilt at 330 hrs? I know things happen, but check into all the reasons it was rebuilt and exactly what all is being replaced. It may end up with a whole new powerhead, then the 12 would be the favorite. Might want to check into some Smart Craft gauges or MercMonitor!

2008 BULLET 21XD 2007 Merc 300xs

3. Member
    ^^^ x2
    20XDC Bullet/Modified Merc 260
    295TF Charger/Merc 225X-Sold
    20' Contender Pickle Fork/Merc EFI Bridgeport-Sold
    18' Stratus with Sommerford Tunnel Vee Hull/2.4 EFI Merc High Perf-Sold
    Freedom 240DLX Toon/Merc 115
    10' Cougar Cub/Merc 25 on the Bottle
    18" Homebuilt Tunnel/.021 OS Max Outboard on 50% Nitro with a Pipe

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WVBullet View Post
    In my opinion, the 06 would be my least favorable due to the fact that I’d change lowers and then price would be right up with the other two, plus it has the most hours, but they’re all fairly close though on hours. The 07 sounds like a good deal and would probably be worth it. I’d rather have the 12 especially it being a 250 with low hours. Rebuilds can make you wonder why it is being rebuilt at 330 hrs? I know things happen, but check into all the reasons it was rebuilt and exactly what all is being replaced. It may end up with a whole new powerhead, then the 12 would be the favorite. Might want to check into some Smart Craft gauges or MercMonitor!
    ^X3^

I can't even think of anything to add to that...other than "yeah what he said!" Randy nailed it all over the place...
    96 Bullet 20cc, Yamaha OX 250+, 10" jack, labbed 30" Bravo LH w/1.25" exhaust pipes, counter rotating Bob's lower, it goes faster when you spin it the other way...

exactly. get the 250 1st choice then the sport second. dont even consider the fleetmaster unless you can score a sporty cheap

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector