2000 mercury 175 efi last two times out smoked real bad on start up serial 0t153183

it has never smoked like this,smoked like i was fogging it,it never smoked like this before,after it clears up goes back to normal this engine has never smoked like this,i ran it about 10 minutes let it sit for 5 minutes pulled the cowl off and oil tank was not swelled and no air noise come out of it,i replaced the pressure check valve this spring just a maintance item i done, anybody have their efi motor do this thanks for any help (runs fine after smoking stop roughly 2 min of heavy smoke)thanks for the help

2. Member
    i might have found the problem the vacuum hose on the regulator is split right where it goes on the regulator,where can i get hose at, it looks like maybe 1/8

3. Member
    My 200 EFI started doing this. Can you post a photo of the hose you found please?
    2000 BassCat Pantera 3
    2001 Merc Opti 200hp

4. Member
    its the hose that goes on the top of vacuum regulator its on the portside top front of motor about 8" long looks like maybe a 1/8 hole dia look down the front page post for a hard to start eng its number 14 on the picture posted there

5. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Most any Mercury Dealer will have some- and if necessary, you can use Tygon tubing in that location.

Pressure check and tank swelling tank is done at the REMOTE tank (the one IN THE BOAT). Nice run down the lake, stop somewhere calm for exactly 5 minutes and then check for pressure in the remote tank.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor