Ps30 cone angle when making maps

Does the cone angle setting on the ps30 effect the resolution of the map when using Quickdraw?

2. Member
    Attached Images Attached Images

3. Member
    This is an area I fish often and know pretty well, had the quickdraw running when I was out the other day but I had the cone angle on the PS30 set to 40 degrees for fishing not mapping. There is a sunken roadbed here but I couldnt get the quickdraw map to show it correctly. There should be a small section of blue connecting the two sides. After I got home I got to thinking that maybe the 10 degree cone angle would map more accurately? Or maybe the software already knows this and only uses a part of the cone?

Quote Originally Posted by puhlw View Post
    Does the cone angle setting on the ps30 effect the resolution of the map when using Quickdraw?
    QD recording uses the data from the historical mode and as such, always sets the beamwidth to minimum for that mode. The user setting for beam width would have no effect on this mode and if you are viewing another mode, the historical mode will be interlaced with whatever mode you are viewing.
    Garmin Pro Team

5. Member
    I was running back and forth along the length of the roadbed. I wonder if I just went across it if it map any differently?

Interesting that the quickdraw maps are quite a bit different than the 1' contour garmin maps.

I have noticed the color coding doesn't seem to always line up correctly with the contours. Might have blue set to 10-15ft but have an 18ft contour in the blue. It usually within a couple feet though.