Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Ohio Fishing Reports Moderator omcforever's Avatar
    How long have you owned the boat and motor?

Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill !!

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by omcforever View Post
    Did it just start or did you not notice or monitor it til now? (maybe been like that and just saw it)Anything new hooked up to battery prior to this happening? Just basic questions that help diagnose issues,,,,
    I never paid attention to this before, I recently installed a new 7-inch Lowrance Fishfinder GPS, voltmeter was on the screen that's the first time I ever noticed it, two weeks ago. The only thing I've ever checked before was to make sure that there was voltage going to the battery when I ran the motor.

3. Ohio Fishing Reports Moderator omcforever's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by leckbass View Post
    . The only thing I've ever checked before was to make sure that there was voltage going to the battery when I ran the motor.
    I would verify charging amps are good. (When you checked to see voltage going to battery prior to monitoring it on the fishfinder, what was it)

4. Ohio Fishing Reports Moderator omcforever's Avatar
    If amps are good, you have a good battery now, I would just run it and check water level often in batteries. The experts(Bassmeister/Seahorse/316Jughead) here that replied prior know their stuff.
    Last edited by omcforever; 11-10-2017 at 12:16 PM.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by omcforever View Post
    I would verify charging amps are good. (When you checked to see voltage going to battery prior to monitoring it on the fishfinder, what was it)
    When I tested it last, I don't even remember how long ago that was, all I did was check the battery with the volt meter while running the motor on the muffs, it was over 13 and I never thought about it again...

6. Ohio Fishing Reports Moderator omcforever's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by leckbass View Post
    When I tested it last, I don't even remember how long ago that was, all I did was check the battery with the volt meter while running the motor on the muffs, it was over 13 and I never thought about it again...
    Last edited by omcforever; 11-11-2017 at 09:26 AM.

7. Sprint Boats Moderator Bassmeister's Avatar
    If you're still showing 17 v on the finder, you could possibly damage it with over voltage. As Seahorse said, turn some things on to drain some excess voltage or get a new rectifier......jmho

8. Member
    I fully charge the battery on Saturday night, ran the boat for a couple hours on Sunday, voltage was over 17 again, I am going to order a new rectifier.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12