Thread: Props

Props

I am low on RPM at WOT. About 5800 at 70 mph down river last time I was out. If I drop down in pitch will I necessarily pick up any speed with the additional RPM? Also, has anyone ran a three blade suzuki prop and if so what did you think of it?

2. Member
    I'm not speaking from Suzuki ownership experience but as a general rule you want to find out at what rpm your motor makes the most power at and then pitch it to where your boat runs full throttle at that rpm with your normal load in the boat. I'm not referring to rpm range that the manufacturers provide but at the specific rpm it makes its peak power. For example my Yamaha makes peak power at 6450 rpms...so I would choose a pitch that would let it reach that at full throttle.

In doing this it's very possible you could pick up more mph by going down on pitch if it lets your Suzuki reach its peak power in the rpm band. It's possible that you won't gain any mph as well but your low to mid range performance would definitely be better too...
    96 Bullet 20cc, Yamaha OX 250+, 10" jack, labbed 30" Bravo LH w/1.25" exhaust pipes, counter rotating Bob's lower, it goes faster when you spin it the other way...

3. Member
    Which motor Jake?

4. Member
    Sorry for my delayed response. The motor is a 250SS on a 2008 Ranger Z520. I talked with my Suzuki rep and they say Suzuki would like to see the motor in the upper end of the RPM band for peak horsepower and performance.