Prop packaging for blueprint

What is the best way to package the prop to send it in & what service is best to ship it UPS, FedX, USPS

2. Member
    I have always used UPS.....Find are buy a box a tad bigger than the prop or a old prop box .Then i put a flat piece of cardboard the size of the box in the bottom and top after prop . put prop in and stuff voids with old news-paper or what ever lite , so prop does move much .

3. Member
    I have boxes laying around from other prop purchases but if I didn't, I'd run down to the local boat dealer and ask them for one before rigging up something myself. The factory Mercury boxes are bulletproof.
    2015 Yellowfin 21 with 2014 Yamaha SHO 250

4. Member
    Mark Croxton sends props back to his customers in a brown cardboard box.

5. Member
    I just went to the UPS store and bought a box that could be cut down to right size. I think it was 16x16x8. I put some foam and newspaper to make sure was secure and protected. Sent UPS for $48 to mark Croxton. He does send the prop back in his own custom box whish is nice. Saved mine incase I have to have work done again.

6. Member
    Me too. Now i gotta send him another one back. Lol. But i do like his box better.

7. Member
    How much insurance should I put on it

8. Member
    I usually put the min ,they gave when shipping it . Most of minds are in dare repair. But if you have one that in good shape and just have it worked for your boat or ect . I would insurance what the prop is worth .

9. Member
    Getting it ready to send in

10. Member
    Do I have to do anything to the prop before sending in? Tempest Plus

11. Member
    No.

12. Member
    The best way to send props (and I have sent a bunch). Is find a box that is as large than the prop. Cut a 3/8 piece of plywood that fits the bottom of the box. Drill a hole in the center and bolt the prop to wood leading edges to the wood. Set it back in the box wood down. Now double and fill around the box with cardboard. This extra weight is well worth the protection and even lab finished thin blades arrive undamaged. And they can be used over and over. I keep my spares in the same box so they stack on the shelf.

then ups or fed ex. I find insurance not cost effective even on 1500$ -3000$ props as I have had no loss or damage.