Painted talon brackets?

Anyone had it done?

2. Banned
    I can't remember where but I've seen it done.
    I am thinking about anodizing which colours the metal without worrying about the flaking off

3. Member
    Exactly what I was thinking about. Anyone have any recommendations on places that do it? Can tilt brackets be anodized even with moving parts they have?
    Last edited by HawgSnatchin; 11-12-2017 at 04:48 AM.

20170214_175311-480x260.jpg20170309_170148-480x480.jpg it can be done. Anodizing was the best thing I did. Wipe them down after every trip and they still look new after a whole season. Colors Inc in Indianapolis did mine. They can do any color you want. The tilt bracket will have to be disassembled to anodize. I have more pictures if anyone is interested.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by phlipnstik; 11-14-2017 at 07:41 AM.

What did it run you to have done looking at doing mine. Sure shipping won't be cheap from Ct.
    2016 Skeeter Tzx190 Yamaha 175 SHO

6. Solix 10 Gen3 DI+/SI+
    I've seen them powder coated but not painted.

I had my brackets powder coated. They did everything but the knurled part and I painted that with black sign painters paint. There are some pictures here, http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread....ighlight=talon The powdercoating has held up incredibly well.

Oh. And my Talons look like they are mounted too low in these pictures but it's because I have the elbow mounted backwards. I was curious to see if it would make any impact on holeshot but it didn't, my holeshot is about 3 seconds both ways.

Powder coated mine complete after sand blasting. A little tight on reassembly, but awesome look and clean up a breeze..

9. BBC SPONSOR
    I can Powder Coat them if you send them.

Pros and cons of both finishes.

Anodizing will fade and turn color over time and some waters are harder on the anodizing which speeds up the process. Not sure if its the acidity or what.

Powder over time can begin to lift.

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrilla Gear View Post
    I can Powder Coat them if you send them.

Pros and cons of both finishes.

Anodizing will fade and turn color over time and some waters are harder on the anodizing which speeds up the process. Not sure if its the acidity or what.

Powder over time can begin to lift.
    "Powder coating lifting", is that because of constant contact with water?
    I got nothin

11. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Dunn View Post
    "Powder coating lifting", is that because of constant contact with water?
    Water corrosion. Depends on what kind of water he fishes. I Just like an outboard motor. Some motors never show signs of corrosion others do in just a few years. Too many variables to predict time on either finish.

12. Member
    I am getting my sandwich bracket powder coated gloss black. I will post pics when I get it back.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrilla Gear View Post
    It is the acidity, I restore old BMX parts and use easy off oven cleaner to remove the anno from the part so I can polish them. SODIUM HYDROXIDE is one of the main ingredients.

14. Member
    Had my Talon brackets powder coated last year. They are already starting to flake off.
    Rick Collis
    903-473-8820

15. Solix 10 Gen3 DI+/SI+
    Quote Originally Posted by HawgSnatchin View Post
    Anyone had it done?
    I saw some that had been powder coated. The looked really nice. Wish I had thought of it.

16. Member
    Rick Collins my powder coat guy said that is not the way to go that the powder coat will flake off because of the finish that comes on the bracket from the factory, what my guy did was paint them over powder coat. I forgot the process he used to clean, prime and paint but they look great and now we will have to see if it holds up. I will post pics soon once I get the rig back which should be tomorrow 06.07.2018 :) tight lines