Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bravo 1 xs vs fury. Neep help!!!

Hey you guys that have run these, I have a chance to buy a 25.5 bravo xs at a good price. I run a 25p fury3 now and can turn to 5700 at 72mph. I'm looking for a little better load carrying prop and don't want to loose speed or holeshot. Is the 25.5 xs the right pitch or what. Thanks!
    Stratos 201 Pro Elite, Evinrude 200 Etec H.O., Minn Kota, Humminbird

2. Banned
    4blade will always be a little slower.

The XS can be an exception to that rule depending on the load. I ran a 25.5 ptich Fury3 on a Basscat. I tried a 26P Bravo I. It ran the same speed but with much better holeshot and break-neck acceleration. It required a lot of venting just like the Fury4. What motor are you running?

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

4. Member
    225 pro xs on a stratos 201 pro xl

5. Banned
    6k motor, you need to lose a pitch anyways.

6. Member
    The Bravo XS should beat the fury across the board in pretty much every category...really shines on load carrying capability, cruising mpg, rocket holeshot, acceleration and midrange punch, as mentioned. Also turns better and drives better in the rough stuff and less steering wheel torque too if you are having a problem with that. I won't say that it is faster than the Fury but it will get there faster. It's very possible that it will give you the same speed...1-2 mph slower would be a worse case scenario. It's a 15.25" diameter which is bigger than the Fury...so your motor might be able to go up a click or two higher also if your lower unit water pickups will allow it...so might even be 1-2 mph faster if you can do that. The Bravo XS is a very impressive prop...best all around I have seen. You will be very impressed in several areas...
    Last edited by Bullet 20cc; 11-06-2017 at 01:32 AM. Reason: Additional info
    96 Bullet 20cc, Yamaha OX 250+, 10" jack, labbed 30" Bravo LH w/1.25" exhaust pipes, counter rotating Bob's lower, it goes faster when you spin it the other way...

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullet 20cc View Post
    The Bravo XS should beat the fury across the board in pretty much every category...really shines on load carrying capability, cruising mpg, rocket holeshot, acceleration and midrange punch, as mentioned. Also turns better and drives better in the rough stuff and less steering wheel torque too if you are having a problem with that. I won't say that it is faster than the Fury but it will get there faster. It's very possible that it will give you the same speed...1-2 mph slower would be a worse case scenario. It's a 15.25" diameter which is bigger than the Fury...so your motor might be able to go up a click or two higher also if your lower unit water pickups will allow it...so might even be 1-2 mph faster if you can do that. The Bravo XS is a very impressive prop...best all around I have seen. You will be very impressed in several areas...
    That's just what I was looking for. Thanks for the info. Now a 25.5 bravo is really a 24 but with added cup and take to make it 25.5. Correct?

8. Banned
    A fool and his money will soon part, that 25.5 is too much for you.

9. Member
    Bubba you might need an actual 26" bravo if you turn a 25 fury 3 to 5700 loaded. You can always sell it on here if it doesn't work for you and you should gain some rpm's loaded with a bravo.
    Last edited by mdtritn21; 11-06-2017 at 11:48 AM.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by grout-scout View Post
    A fool and his money will soon part, that 25.5 is too much for you.
    I never did play with the jackplate on the 25 fury, but I thank you for those kind words grout-scout. Maybe one day I will be wise and knowledgeable like your self. Oh well if it doesn't work I'm sure I can always find another one. I mean what's money to a fool right?

11. Member
    [QUOTE=mdtritn21;8839843]Bubba you might need an actual 26" bravo if you turn a 25 fury 3 to 5700 loaded. You can always sell it on here if it doesn't work for you and you should gain some rpm's loaded with a bravo.[/QUOTE

Mmtritn21 why do you think I need a 26" bravo instead of the 25.5 like the one I just bought? I'm not sure I'm following? I know the fury runs stiff and the bravo runs light in pitch so I thought if I get a 25.5 it would pick up 150-200 rpms and put me where I need to be in rpms?

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubba201proxl View Post
    That's just what I was looking for. Thanks for the info. Now a 25.5 bravo is really a 24 but with added cup and take to make it 25.5. Correct?
    You betcha Bubba...in my opinion my Bravos are about 1 pitch lighter like you say. And yes some added cup will add some grip effectively raising pitch a hair. But I would run it as is first and report back here on this thread exactly your results. The Bravo is very tunable so it should be very easy to recommend any tweaks to it based on your reported actual experience with it.

I have 2 Bravos currently in 26 (fishing and drag launches) and 30 (big end performance) pitches...and currently looking for a 32. I run the 30 pitch into the 90's and it is rock solid all the way there with no gaps in between. I have tuned on them a bit to get them perfected for my hull but they were already damn good out of the box!
    96 Bullet 20cc, Yamaha OX 250+, 10" jack, labbed 30" Bravo LH w/1.25" exhaust pipes, counter rotating Bob's lower, it goes faster when you spin it the other way...

13. Member
    You betcha Bubba...in my opinion my Bravos are about 1 pitch lighter like you say. And yes some added cup will add some grip effectively raising pitch a hair. But I would run it as is first and report back here on this thread exactly your results. The Bravo is very tunable so it should be very easy to recommend any tweaks to it based on your reported actual experience with it.

I have 2 Bravos currently in 26 (fishing and drag launches) and 30 (big end performance) pitches...and currently looking for a 32. I run the 30 pitch into the 90's and it is rock solid all the way there with no gaps in between. I have tuned on them a bit to get them perfected for my hull but they were already damn good out of the box!

Thanks, I will run it as soon as it comes in this week and will report back with numbers. Thanks for all the help!

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubba201proxl View Post
    Thanks, I will run it as soon as it comes in this week and will report back with numbers. Thanks for all the help!
    Anytime brother! You are welcome to PM me if you want to so you don't get pelted by "fool and his money" comments when just trying to ask questions or learn new things. I must say that you handled that well though... Can't wait to hear your results...

15. Member
    Anytime brother! You are welcome to PM me if you want to so you don't get pelted by "fool and his money" comments when just trying to ask questions or learn new things. I must say that you handled that well though... Can't wait to hear your results...
    I appreciate it. I'm not new to the bass boat world but I'm still new to the setting up one to get its full potential. So I appreciate all the help I can get. I will for sure be letting you guys know my results once I get her put on! Thanks again!

16. Banned
    Please don’t be offended by what I said. I was speaking from experience because I have 3 extra props
    sitting on a shelf that were a waste of money. But you still need to be closer to 6k on your motor.

17. Member
    Please don’t be offended by what I said. I was speaking from experience because I have 3 extra props
    sitting on a shelf that were a waste of money. But you still need to be closer to 6k on your motor.
    No offense taken buddy. It takes a lot more than that to get me worked up. Lol I know that motor needs to be at 6k but I figured that if the fury runs stiff then by going with a 25.5 bravo I should gain a few rpms as they run light in pitch. Every boat and motor is different. We shall see when she comes in

18. Member
    I appreciate your expression of regret and respect you for it as well! Forgive me for the wording but I'm trying to use your vernacular here...but if a fool has parted with his money and wasted it on 3 props that just sit on a shelf, couldn't he sell some those to limit his foolishness to some extent...or would he just continue to let them sit on his shelf while using his time to disparage others instead?

19. Banned
    I could sell them.........but they look cool on the shelf! I do rotate between my Bravo and temptest every few trips. Some props aren’t worth the time to resell such as the Trophy & high5 that I have, weak market on them.

I have run multiple props on my boat (fury4, 2 temptest, 2 trophy and 2 bravo xs), the 4 props in 24”pitch were all within 150 rpms of each other. I think that the 25.5 will drop him down to 5600rpms, but I might be wrong and as mentioned above, it will be easy to sell here in that size.

20. Member
    You got some good props grout...I think you could move your 3 very quickly on here too for the reason you mentioned...lots of interest in those pitches on here. I used to have a Champion many moons ago and that high five was the only prop that would run worth a damn on that heavy sucker.

I'm curious myself to see how well the XS runs for Bubba...especially if he can click it up a notch or two with larger diameter. That baby should get it...
    Last edited by Bullet 20cc; 11-06-2017 at 08:43 PM. Reason: Additional info

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast