Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by contium View Post
    Do you disconnect power to the Xi5 when not on the water? I throw the breaker on mine when not in use.
    Yes, I unplug the trolling motor, turn off both Lowrance units , and disconnect power to the buss that controls the Lowrance units. I then turn off the pedal. I have tried turning off the pedal first. MG rep suggested that I take the pedal in the house and turn it off, and keep it there until I need to use it. None of those things worked. The pedal that I received this week has not even been paired with the motor, and it is draining down just like the others.

Hell send it to John at Jones trolling motors and ask him to test/investigate it and see what he sees. That sucks and would tick me off too

2019 721 ProXs 4S 250
    2B599739

3. Member
    I unplug mine after every trip, still eats battery up

what frustrates me is being told no one has ever heard of this before, while others are being sent new pedals.
    Last edited by dkdaws; 11-12-2017 at 10:18 AM.

Everyone with this problem needs to contact Motorguide so they will find a fix. Maybe they will design a better pedal.

Talked with MG today. Spoke with Chrissy. I told her my batteries were down to 1.2 volts with no use, and the motor was not plugged in. Batteries dropped from 1.6v to 1.2v in 7 days. She said they will not send any more pedals, and I should take the problem to a dealer. I called Alabama Trolling Motors. They were aware of the problem with the pedals draining batteries. They said replacing it usually fixes the issue, however, the problem is the Chinese parts. I will be going there to pick up a new pedal tomorrow.

6. Member
    You would think MG would test them to see what the deal is. I'm about to get a new boat and while my Xi5 has been great, it does have some issues and hearing this, I will probably suck it up and get an Ultrex. Minn Kota has been taking care of customer issues from what I can see.

- 2019 Ranger Z185 - Mercury 150 Pro XS

7. Member
    Mine burns through batteries too. Mine will also automatically power up when I replace the batteries. I don't have to hold the anchor battery to turn it on. As soon as I put new batteries in I hear it beep.
    ________
    $8

Update on the problem. I picked up a new pedal at the local repair shop on 11/14. I installed the batteries and turned the pedal off. The TM is unplugged and nothing in the boat has power. On 11/19 the pedal would not turn on. The batteries were at 1.19 volts. I installed new lithium batteries and turned the pedal off. I went fishing on 11/24 for about 2 hours. I came in, turned everything off. On 11/29 the pedal would not turn on. The lithium batteries were at 0 volts. Those of you that have good pedals, when did you buy your motor? I bought this one in June of 2017. Has anyone had this problem and got it fixed? Thanks

3-22-16
    " Talking to you is like clapping with one hand "
    Anthrax

10. Member
    I use Panasonic Eneloop rechargeable batteries. I spot lock a lot but I use my footpetal a lot too, fishing every other weekend. I keep a backup set in the boat but never need them and I change them out every year.

11. Member
    2017 model motorguide Xi5, exact same problem here! Have not been able to keep batteries from dying, even after turning pedal off & tripping breaker. Been like that from day one....I love the trolling motor other than this issue. With the responses back from Motorguide to their customers, looks like I’m bout to be loving me a Minn Kota...

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorMan View Post
    2017 model motorguide Xi5, exact same problem here! Have not been able to keep batteries from dying, even after turning pedal off & tripping breaker. Been like that from day one....I love the trolling motor other than this issue. With the responses back from Motorguide to their customers, looks like I’m bout to be loving me a Minn Kota...
    Just install the switch. It will fix the problem. It is disappointing that MG won't step up and fix this, but I am totally happy with mine now. See the thread "Remedy for draining batteries."
    Last edited by alabamaphoenix; 01-18-2018 at 02:41 PM.

ttt

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12