Water pressure gauge

Hello, I have a 2007 250 hpdi. Water pressure gauge is t registering. Plenty of flow out the pee tube, no alarms, just no pressure reading on the gauge. Any ideas? Thank you

Probably have a crack in the tubing running from the top of the engine to the back of the gauge. As the tubing ages, it gets brittle. I'd check the gauge first though to make sure it's working. you can use compressed air to do that.
    BassCat '17 Sabre DC FTD Advantage Elite
    175 Yamaha SHO
    MK Fortrex 80

3. Member
    Ok thank you

If the tubing was cracked there would be water running out of the crack when the motor is running. Gauges go bad all the time. Usually from freezing up in the winter.
    It is possible that the line could be plugged.
    Butch Derickson
    2011 Z521 w/250 hp SHO
    Traverse City, Michigan

5. Member
    I went through this all summer and put the boat in the shop twice. Turns out the pressure line to the gauge had build up in it and the shop just blew the line out. it has worked fine since.

6. Member
    Look at the small hole in the front of the lower unit, mine was plugged up from bumping a piece of wood while on the trolling motor, mud can also plug it, it is where it get's it water pressure from.

7. Member
    woops sorry, that's the speedo pick up.

If the line is cracked somewhere in the gunwale, you'll never notice the leak. Unhook the line at the back of the gauge, crank the engine (either in the water or with mufflers on it) and see if water is dribbling out of the hose. If not, it's either cracked or stopped up....or kinked. If you remove the cowl from the engine, it should be easy to see where the line ties into the adapter. At idle speeds, you might not even register water pressure on the gauge, but if it's pumping water to the gauge, you'll still get a dribble when it's disconnected. The gauge system does not "use" water...it fills the tube up some and then it is just pressure measurement from the impeller pumping water up through the cylinder walls and heads.
    BassCat '17 Sabre DC FTD Advantage Elite
    175 Yamaha SHO
    MK Fortrex 80

9. Member
    It probably froze during the winter.

10. Member
    Recently my water pressure sending unit was bad and covered under warranty. I think that is what it is called. It was under the console and it was brass in color.