2003 Triton fuel lines

I have a 2003 Triton TR185 with a 150 Mercury XR6. The fuel line look "not so good", My question is this. How hard is is it to change out the fuel line from the tank? It could be me but if the fuel line look so bad to the motor that I can see the. Just how bad are they from the tank??? Any input would be great...

2. Member
    I just changed out my fuel lines from the tank to the motor on my '06 TR20X. It was simple. I raised the deck above tank and you have easy access. Just replace with high quality fuel line.

3. Member
    Do you have an access panel between the seats like most older Triton's do? The fuel line starts behind that panel on top of the tank just replace the black hose with new 3/8" A-15 fire rated hose to the new Mercury bulb then new 5/16" B-15 EPA rated line all the way to the motor. The older gray with red letter line to the motor is the one that causes most of the problems.

4. Member

5. Member

6. Member
    I took out the center seat so I should be able to get to it. Is it hard to fish the fuel line back to the motor?

7. Member
    if you tape one to the other you should be able to pull it through. the new gas line is very firm, even dipping the end in hot water did not loosen up the gas line enough to push it on the fitting at the top of the sending unit, it took every bit of strength I had to push it on enough for 2 hose clamps and this was with the whole seat area removed, might be difficult working in a small space.

8. Member
    Thanks so much for the help, I hope do this in the next couple of days if the rain stops. Thanks again for the advice