So who is done ?

Just wondering who has put the bike away for the winter? Yeah I know all about you soufers and I'm Jealous.
    Rode up here on Friday when it was in the 70s and topped off the tank while I was out. Woke up this morning and temps have dropped back to the 50s so I think I'm about done.
    Sure wish I could get some interest in my bike so I could move up to the Road Glide I want... Maybe in the spring.

2. Blazer Boats Moderator Rebel1's Avatar
    Not quite yet...

3. Member
    I try to ride a few miles every couple weeks even in the winter just as long as the white stuff isn't on the ground. I just make sure I put the coffee on before I leave to warm up when I get back.

4. Skeeter Boats/Missouri Club Moderator Rodney Bledsoe's Avatar
    I will ride the wing all winter, PGR missions, mornings in the 40's to work, or just any chance I can.

5. Member
    Unless we trailer south we are done. Lots of snow and ice. South maybe a option. Cj
    2002 X19 200HP OX66 HO Vmax,HPDI lower, it lives, thanks Hydro Tec.

Not done here .
    Got in about 600 smiles last weekend. Fall colors...
    Time to get in some toy runs.
    Wife and I have winter gear for riding the Wing in cold weather.

7. Member
    Been done for about three weeks. Put the bikes away the day before, and used the last nice day to drive over to Eagle River, WI and pick up my (used) Ranger 175VS boat. Figured I'd get the boat in a few times before Winter fully arrived. WRONG! The boat has yet to hit the water, and the DNR has pulled the docks from the public landings and the ice has begun to form. Gonna be a long Winter in God's Country. Oh well, the sleds are ready.

8. Member
    Still commuting to work when the weather allows, as long as the temps stay above 40 I'll keep riding.

9. Member
    I'm in lilburn ga also and we ride most of the year.

High of about 55 today with the wind screaming but saw a good bunch of bikes out. Everyone was wrapped up like they were going for a ride on the snowmobile though...

52 this morning. I'll be headed into town with the saddlebags thrown over the seat to pick up a ham at Logan Farms for tomorrow.
    Alan
    __________________________________________________ _________
    Free men are not equal. Equal men are not free.

12. Member
    our last ride was 39 for a high then took it to Harley for storage Harley stores it for free if you get 300 dollars worth of parts or service.

Quote Originally Posted by wisranger188 View Post
    our last ride was 39 for a high then took it to Harley for storage Harley stores it for free if you get 300 dollars worth of parts or service.
    That's not a bad deal. They would probably get that much for a tune and adjust? What year and make is your ride?

14. Skeeter Boats/Missouri Club Moderator Rodney Bledsoe's Avatar
    Did 300+ mile ride on Friday, enjoying this great midwest weather.

Bike might be on the trickle charger but it stays right by the garage door. I will ride to work down to about 35 deg. when I get the erg but it is always ready to go if the temps are right. I always like to do a Dec.31 and Jan1 ride just to say I rode all year HAHA !!!

Im about done with mine period. Been riding a bik almost 35 years theres just to much risk out there.. My sons buddy and his Girlfriend
    Just had a pick up turn left from a right hand lane they hit the truck in the door pillar . Both were life flighted with serious injuries. Too scary now a days

Quote Originally Posted by grayline View Post
    Im about done with mine period. Been riding a bik almost 35 years theres just to much risk out there.. My sons buddy and his Girlfriend
    Just had a pick up turn left from a right hand lane they hit the truck in the door pillar . Both were life flighted with serious injuries. Too scary now a days
    Yeah you don’t get a warm fuzzy feelin watching how some idiots drive. Now they see you but just don’t give a damn about you or anyone else. I have just gone back to short local rides. Still gets me out there.