Solid state alarm 175hp proxs

Hey guys I have a 2012 proxs 175hp. Ran the oil way down to 1/5-1/6th in the bilge remote tank. I got an alarm on my mercury smartcraft monitor of oil warning, check engine, and alarm which according to my manual is an oil pump fault/low oil pressure. I'm not sure if the motor went into guardian or not because the alarm went off right as I pulled back in to the ramp coming off pad. I tried refilling the remote tank and purging the on motor tank which was 90-95% full. Still get get the alarm. Any ideas? I believe I am just outside or inside of the 5 year warranty (how do I check this anyway? Money is extrmely tight right now and I can't afford a large repair bill. My engines serial number is 2b019769 and is stamped with a 13 so maybe it's a 2013? Thank you guys

2. Member
    Should mention that when I purged the motor mounted tank it pushed the rest of the air out and I wiped up the excess oil so it isn't a vaccum/bad seal issue?

3. Member
    You must get rid of ALL the air space in the motors oil reservoir.

4. Member
    Any other opinions from yall?

5. Member
    Jumper the two level sensor wires together on the motor side of the harness....temporarily.

What happens?

6. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage View Post
    Jumper the two level sensor wires together on the motor side of the harness....temporarily.

What happens?

Please do update, and also see the Forum Announcements for what info is Required when posting. Thanks!

Moving thread to the 2.5L Forum for you.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor