Thread: Many area info

Many area info

Headed to toledo bend for bass nation tourney looking for other good bass lakes in the Many area as well as good cheap rentals and food. Any and all info would be greatly appreciated!

2. Member
    Sam Rayburn

cheap rentals and cheap food will be just that

3. Member
    If you are staying a while I would call a few of the local real estate offices. They have some private rentals around. Most of the food around there is cheap, not bad but nothing really good. Also, if you want dinner after 8-9 in the evening you may be limited to Subway. Never understood why places don't stay open a little later, especially in the summer.

I have heard quite a few people talk about using www.vrbo.com to find houses for rent. Other than that, I'm most familiar with the mid-lake area. On the Texas side, there is Holly Park, Byrd's Nest, Alpine Marina, and there is a Super 8 Motel. On the Louisiana side, there is Bridge Bay (not the cheapest but pretty decent), the old "Ethel's Driftwood" is now a Budget Inn, the state parks have some cabins (North Toledo Bend State Park and Cypress Bend Park), and Tranquility Bay.

On the lake there is not a whole lot of choices for food in the mid-lake area. Toledo Tackle serves breakfast pizzas burgers etc, there are 2 Mexican places, and 2 other restaurants near the Pendleton Bridge (Brandon's on the Bend and The Fisherman's Galley), also a gas station on the Texas side of the bridge with a small deli for burgers and some lunch specials, Holly Park on the Texas side has a grill serving breakfast and lunch, and in Milam, TX there is "Martin's Corner" that has burgers and sandwiches. In Zwolle there is a Mexican place, Dairy Queen and a couple of gas stations with food. Many has Mexican, Chinese, Dairy Queen, McDonald's, Burger King, Subway, Pizza Hut....

As far as other good bass lakes....as said above, Sam Rayburn is only about an hour drive. No other "good" bass lakes that I could say would be worth the trip in the near area.

5. Member
    Toledobasser-what are the names of the 2 lakes near Leesville (Vernon maybe is one of them?) on the south end? I never hear anything from those lakes, but years ago my cousin and I spent a couple of nights on the south end of the Bend around Easter. The proverbial Easter cold snap came while we were there and the wind was so bad, it swamped the boats at the marina that did not get them out of the water. Anyway, we packed up early and decided we would go back through Leesville. We passed one of the lakes, it was protected from wind so we launched the boat and had a great morning of fishing. They were nailing the spinnerbait. As I remember, it was not a lake you wanted to go blasting through without knowing where you were going, but we just put the trolling motor down and started fishing from the ramp.

Anacoco and Vernon. Never been on either one of them.

7. Member
    Thank you for the info

8. Member
    does Vernon have water?

9. Member
    I have no idea. It's been years since I've heard anything about it. I don't guess the gentleman from Leesville is on here anymore. Don't remember seeing any of his posts lately.

10. Member
    Whos the best crappie guide?

11. Member
    where ever you eat, don't get the steak and eggs at Toledo Tackle, was there visiting my Mother last week and had breakfast there. toughest piece of meat i have ever had.

Ed it sounds like you were on lake Vernon.... last time i was thru there a few months ago it was drained...and there was about two million stickups and stumps showing

Quote Originally Posted by Joebasser1975 View Post
    Whos the best crappie guide?
    Living the Dream Guide Service is always on the crappie. There are several others on the lake but that's the first one on my list.

14. Member
    I think you're right, River-Bandit. Sad to hear they drained it.