Praying Ulterra Troubleshooting

My Ulterra will deploy but wont go down to run. The remote says; Paused and Motor error. I can get it to stow. It malfunctioned last time I used it but, I thought it was because the batteries ran down. Checked the connections-good. Voltage to the plug-good. I found on-line, a button procedure to "reset" the motor but that didnt work. ANY IDEAS!??

2. Member
    What does it do when you do the button procedure? Motor has to be deployed to do the procedure correctly. Make sure You remove the power and then wait 5 to 10 seconds. Apply power wait 3 sec and then push the power button 3 times in succession. It should go through a learn procedure with the motor ending up about a foot below the bracket. It it never reaches that point 2 things loose belt or bad board. The belt should have about 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch of slack when you pull it away for the shaft. If it is more than that then tighten the belt with the screw under the head. Allen screw 3/16 I believe. Before you do the reset make sure the motor is set in the position that it would sit when stowed.If not remove power then set motor for correct position then do the button reset.

3. Member
    Thanks but I emailed Minn Kota support and they responded pretty quickly. They knew exactly what it was. A magnet had come loose of a sensor . I glued it back in and it works now.

4. Member

Quote Originally Posted by 67Dave View Post
    Thanks but I emailed Minn Kota support and they responded pretty quickly. They knew exactly what it was. A magnet had come loose of a sensor . I glued it back in and it works now.