Thread: Green River?

Green River?

Coming down in the morning to fish awhile. Just wondering if the bass are biting or being stubborn like every where else I’ve been fishing. Thanks

2. Member
    Tough bite last week.. scattered all over the place. jerkbaits and shaky heads....tough bite

3. Member
    Been fishing pretty easy, just not a ton of size. Fished a tourney sunday and one today. Weve probably caught 50-60 keepers over 2 days of fishing and finished 2nd and won big fish in both tournies with 30-40 boats each. Think summertime fishing and youll find some
    They aint got hands, set the hook

I have not been on Green in two weeks but plan on going Sunday. My neighbor fished in the same tournament Stephen was talking about 11/4 and said they had some bites but no weight to speak of. They culled a couple of times but only for a few ounces. Its suppose to be windy Sunday so I will be launching at the Butler ramp because it's protected from the wind when loading/unloading. I will be by myself. I could be anywhere from ramp #1 to the river pending the bite and my mood. If you see a white Javelin with dual Talons stop and say hello.

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JR19 View Post
    I have not been on Green in two weeks but plan on going Sunday. My neighbor fished in the same tournament Stephen was talking about 11/4 and said they had some bites but no weight to speak of. They culled a couple of times but only for a few ounces. Its suppose to be windy Sunday so I will be launching at the Butler ramp because it's protected from the wind when loading/unloading. I will be by myself. I could be anywhere from ramp #1 to the river pending the bite and my mood. If you see a white Javelin with dual Talons stop and say hello.
    Yeah, look for him around the happy hollow bridge. I think he has a jet foot

6. Member
    Mr. Burton I think we seen you at Holmes Bend running back to the river. Was in a white and red Triton 196 with a red power pole. We slowed way down around White Oak when the floaters got somewhat congested in the turn. Hope you did better than us; we struggled.

I found one specific area that had a good concentration of KY's but I never did get a big bite. Best 5 around 9-10 lbs and all five of them were Ky's. Had a couple barely keeper LM and one short SM. Probably had 6-7 keeper KY's. All of the Ky's were fat like a football. Had I not found that one area with KY's my day would have pretty much sucked.

When you saw me was you running on pad or stopped fishing. I fished main lake around the Adair/Taylor County line for a couple of hours after daylight and gave up on the main lake bite. When I left I fell in behind a boat around the mouth of Butler. If my memory is correct it had a red shallow water anchor but I was thinking it was a Talon. It swung wide at the turn at Butler and I cut the corner and passed it. Then it passed me on the Corbin Bend stretch. It swung wide again and I cut the corner at the pond cove near Holmes Bend and passed it again. Then it passed me again at Holmes Bend and swung wide at Fisher's Bend. I cut the corner and passed it again. It was like a game of cat and mouse. At no point in time was it a speed race because I was just up and cruising at 4500 rpm. Whoever it was I could tell they were running the channel with GPS because they stayed in the channel all the time they were in my eyesight. I lost sight of them around White Oak or the bridge if my memory is correct. Kind of funny that he passed me three times and I passed him 3 times all in a 5 mile stretch. I like to cut corners when its safe to do so. Closest way from point A to B is a straight line.

Anyways if you saw me you should have flagged me down. I am always glad to meet BBC members

8. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JR19 View Post
    I found one specific area that had a good concentration of KY's but I never did get a big bite. Best 5 around 9-10 lbs and all five of them were Ky's. Had a couple barely keeper LM and one short SM. Probably had 6-7 keeper KY's. All of the Ky's were fat like a football. Had I not found that one area with KY's my day would have pretty much sucked.

When you saw me was you running on pad or stopped fishing. I fished main lake around the Adair/Taylor County line for a couple of hours after daylight and gave up on the main lake bite. When I left I fell in behind a boat around the mouth of Butler. If my memory is correct it had a red shallow water anchor but I was thinking it was a Talon. It swung wide at the turn at Butler and I cut the corner and passed it. Then it passed me on the Corbin Bend stretch. It swung wide again and I cut the corner at the pond cove near Holmes Bend and passed it again. Then it passed me again at Holmes Bend and swung wide at Fisher's Bend. I cut the corner and passed it again. It was like a game of cat and mouse. At no point in time was it a speed race because I was just up and cruising at 4500 rpm. Whoever it was I could tell they were running the channel with GPS because they stayed in the channel all the time they were in my eyesight. I lost sight of them around White Oak or the bridge if my memory is correct. Kind of funny that he passed me three times and I passed him 3 times all in a 5 mile stretch. I like to cut corners when its safe to do so. Closest way from point A to B is a straight line.

Anyways if you saw me you should have flagged me down. I am always glad to meet BBC members
    Dude, you were probably running in a foot of water. I'm positive you know but i hope you never misjudge one of those stumps. Funny story on how knowledge is king though, i fish way up river (to my standards) and i see some like JR19 burn by me, sometimes i envy them but mostly i think "Wait for it,wait for it". I have seen it happen too many times

I remember looking at my depth finder when cutting the corner at Butler and saw 9 ft so I was never in any danger. It may have been single digits for a few seconds but nothing to worry about. The boat running the channel swung 300 yards from the bank. I never got closer than 50 yards to the bank. I did run a gravel bar in the river that was about 40 yards long and 3-4 ft deep. On the way up I always idle it to check and make sure nothing has washed up onto it. On the way back out I trim up all the way up for a few seconds until I make it across and then I trim back down. Some people's dream rig is a 21 ft Ranger. Mine would be a 17 ft Express with a mud motor At Barren I have had my 18'9" boat to the HWY 100 bridge on two different occasions. One day in route to the Mathews Mill Bridge I idled past a guy wade fishing. I wish you could have seen the look on his face when I idle by him. He ask me how in the hell did you get a boat up here. I said you can't do it running on plane you have to idle and but when it gets less than 2 ft deep I will break out the trolling motor. I never did make it to the Mathews Mill Bridge but I got within eyesight of it.

On the wait for it comment I had one of those moments today. I was fishing the secondary channel across from the standing timber as you start up the river. Going up on the right is standing timer. It would be suicide to try and go through it. On the left is a small secondary channel that starts out 10 ft deep and gradually goes down to 3 ft deep after a 3-400 yards. The lake is 2-300 or so yards wide but the channel is only 40 or so yards wide and it sits right next to the standing timber kind of out in the middle of the river. Today just like several times in the past I saw someone make the turn and see the standing timber. They get nervous and run 100 yards off from it. What they don't realize is they are now on a 2-3 ft deep mud flat. They buzzed the mudflat for at least 2-300 yards in 2-3 ft of water. Only thing that saved them is they never got off plane. A couple of years ago I actually saw someone sit down a 20 ft boat on the mudflat one day. They slung mud and water until they finally got free. Once free they turned around and left It's kind of a tricky spot to run. You run kind of in the middle of the lake and the channel is only 40-50 yards wide. 50 yards right you bite a tree. 50 yards left and your on a mud flat 2-3 feet deep.

10. Member
    Gene is a brave man...lol