Thread: prop size

prop size

been doin some research on s/s props.....14/12 x 24 racker (1992 JOHNSON 175).
    and everytime I look for that size....it pops up the racker 2 is discontinued .
    lookin for prop charts for this motor and year.

2. Member
    Try Raker H. O.

wow....now that's a little pricey

4. Member
    There are 2 used 24" tempests for sale on the props4sale board. You need a hub kit tpo make them work on an OMC motor.

5. Member
    Tav, I have an original 24” raker that is in bad shape just found it the other day cleaning out some stuff. I had kept it with intentions of having it cleaned up by mark but I don’t need it since I sold my omc motor. If you want it it’s yours for the 30 bucks it would cost me to ship.
    Attached Images Attached Images

6. Banned
    ^^^ now that’s a bargain! $200 hundred to have it better the new and made to fit your boats characteristics.

7. Member
    Send it to Mark and have a new hub put in it and repair the blades and it will still be a bargain.

Raker props came out in the early 90's if my memory is correct. The original Raker has a rubber pressed in hub. Around early 2000'2 when E-TECH motors hit the market they released the Raker II. The reason for the new design was to do away with the pressed in rubber hub and go to a flow thru hub because an E-TECH has an extremely high exhaust temperature. Then about 2-3 years ago they came out with the Raker HO. This was around the time of the release of the Evinrude G2 motor. The Raker HO has adjustable vent holes whereas the Raker and Raker II has fixed size vent holes. All three are 14.5 diameter.

Any of the three different type Raker props will work on you motor as long as you have the correct mounting hardware. Raker and Raker II uses different mounting hardware. I am not for sure what the Raker HO uses because I have no first hand experience with a Raker HO prop.

I would jump all over the free prop +30 in shipping. Have him send it to Mark Croxten and have Mark do a repair. Mark will put the prop back into factory specs and it will be like new. Go to his website and look at some before and after pictures. He has repaired worse damage than that. Just make sure when he sends it to Mark that Mark is aware the prop is going to be shipped to you after the repair is made. You will have around 200 in a prop that will look like new. As someone above mentioned have Mark put a new hub in it while he has it. This might bump the cost up to over 200 but you will have everything like new.

Jtreed99 for you