Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Louie View Post
    I've never been in the eyra. But after I put a fury 4 blade on my caracal it drives tons better. I can lower the atlas jack plate around turns and carve them out hard enough to a eject someone haha... My boats fully lifted out of the water at 41-42 mph, and around 46-50 its up on the end of the pad. From there it just gains speed....

I had a sabre before this and I would compare them somewhat in handling but they are totally different boats.
    What pitch Fury4 and what are you seeing top end wise?
    2021 BassCat Pantera Classic - Mercury
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2015 BassCat Caracal Mercury - Minn Kota - Humminbird - Powerpole
    2012 BassCat Pantera II - Mercury
    2004 BassCat Cougar - Mercury

Quote Originally Posted by TAKFishing View Post
    What pitch Fury4 and what are you seeing top end wise?
    Mine likes an out of the box 24* Fury 4...I had 74mph with 3/4 fuel, full live wells, with 20lbs of fish, full gear and 2 good eaters.
    I have not played with my ptp or had the prop touched yet. For the record my boat was crap with that t 25 2 that it came with.

Quote Originally Posted by 95202DCX View Post
    Mine likes an out of the box 24* Fury 4...I had 74mph with 3/4 fuel, full live wells, with 20lbs of fish, full gear and 2 good eaters.
    I have not played with my ptp or had the prop touched yet. For the record my boat was crap with that t 25 2 that it came with.
    My boat seems to be running a few mph slower than most. Maybe driver input or the way its loaded. I have 4 batteries, 112 fortrex, 33/10 gal tanks. Atlas jack plate. Single power pole. With the 25p 3 blade I could get 73-74 but not hold it there. The 24p 4 blade will run 69-71 without driving it a ton. Around 5700-5800 rpm. Old 3 blade was like 72@ 5300
    Last edited by Louie; 12-11-2017 at 07:47 AM.
    "the head, the tail, the whole damn thing"

The speed handling and hole shot far out weigh the few mph up top.
    "the head, the tail, the whole damn thing"

5. Member
    I’ve said it here before but I’ll say it again - the Eyra is, IMHO, the best river fishing platform on the market. It’s fast, floats shallow, fishes compact in tight spaces, and handles well. But best of all and rarely discussed, the thing slides off of stumps like it has grease on the bottom. I owned one for 3 years and used it on the Red river and not once did I ever crank the big motor to dislodge it. The R boat I had before required it 3-4 times a day in the same spaces.

Not to mention its tremendous rough water water ride and handling.

Ive got nothing to share on the Caracal, but you mentioned river fishing and that’s my .02 on the Eyra for that application.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by blakesfav View Post
    I’ve said it here before but I’ll say it again - the Eyra is, IMHO, the best river fishing platform on the market. It’s fast, floats shallow, fishes compact in tight spaces, and handles well. But best of all and rarely discussed, the thing slides off of stumps like it has grease on the bottom. I owned one for 3 years and used it on the Red river and not once did I ever crank the big motor to dislodge it. The R boat I had before required it 3-4 times a day in the same spaces.

Not to mention its tremendous rough water water ride and handling.

Ive got nothing to share on the Caracal, but you mentioned river fishing and that’s my .02 on the Eyra for that application.
    Fact!!!!!!! I got in a stump field one time that required me and my passenger to get on the front deck. I couldn't move in any direction without hitting a stump.
    We managed to get out of it using only the TM. My buddy who owns a Skeeter couldn't believe how easy the Eyra slid off the stumps.
    I don't know how, but it didn't leave any marks under the boat either. That was one ugly stump field.
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs

7. Member
    I can't compare the Eyra to a Caracal as I have yet to ride in a Caracal, but here are my thoughts on the Eyra (compared to other brands Ive run)

1. stability: It is not as stable as my old Skeeter was, I can feel a big fat guy walking around the back deck.
    2. Comfort behind the wheel: I find it to be very comfortable, fit like a glove. You will not feel insecure driving, gunnels are high to help keep you dry.
    3. Rough water ride: Myself and every partner Ive had all can't believe the ride in rough water. Honestly was surprised by how well it handles the big waves and how fast I can go over them.
    4. Rough water Fishability: I don't fish as big of water as you may up north (ex. great lakes) but I've never had water come over the bow from rough water.....boat wakes yes, but they have to be really big boat waves. Even then, usually doesn't make it on the the deck and my feet, the sonar well catches it all.
    5. Dry storage: I have not had an issue with getting water in my boxes, even spearing a wave. The only places that are not totally dry is the glove box and under seat storage.
    6. Storage: again, can't compare to the Caracal, but Eyra fits everything and then some. A big feature for me is the coffin style lids. One step right or left and I can access all my tackle. No more walking off the front deck........really nice!!!!

A few other points:
    1. it's light and I can get into some really skinny water. More so than many other brands. For a shallow guy like myself this is HUGE!
    2. tracking on the trolling motor is awesome. The boat goes straight, even in reverse, which is nice for getting in and out of tight spaces around docks.
    3. nimble--if you run alot of rivers this is a must. It can handle very tight turns with no sliding.

So it guess it depends on your fishing style. If you fish shallow, run river, or docks the Eyra may be your better choice. IF you fish open water more, the Caracal I would think would be a better choice.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12