Ignorance on my part ?

If i don't have a paypal account and someone wants to sell something to me using paypal, can i do this and what is the process?

get a paypal account

Yes you can. Have them send you a paypal invoice ( you give them your email) and you can pay it with a credit card through paypal without opening an accout. There may be restriction on max allowed dollar amount though.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DanR View Post
    Yes you can. Have them send you a paypal invoice ( you give them your email) and you can pay it with a credit card through paypal without opening an accout. There may be restriction on max allowed dollar amount though.
    Thank you very much.

5. Member
    Just an FYI if its your first time setting up a paypal account they will hold your money for 30 days...

6. Ft Gibson Lake America lakefolk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PsuHntr View Post
    Just an FYI if its your first time setting up a paypal account they will hold your money for 30 days...
    so you need money to open an account? how much?

"Being a winner is more than getting a first place trophy, it is acting like the effort was an honor and the trophy is just a decoration."

"A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him"

Just open a paypal account. It’s easy and I haven’t heard of any issues using it.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lakefolk View Post
    so you need money to open an account? how much?
    No,you don't need money to open an account....but the first time you receive money they hold it for a few weeks.......at least they did for mine...no problems receiving it but if you need the money ASAP it will be a problem