Thread: cbailey ??

Question cbailey ??

When you have time would you elaborate on this comment from another thread ? I struggle with holeshot due to load and elevation.. and slow speed porpoise with some props.

different jackplate and an actuated holeshot plate would be the ticket for holeshot and slow speed planning. you can actually use the jackplate you have, just have to have 2 actuator

2. RIP -April 30,2023
    i build a holeshot plate that pivots on the front of the jackplate. i use an electric actuator to move the plate up and down at will. its the ultimate in holeshot and slow speed planning. unlike fixed plates, you move this out of the way when you dont need it. you can move it down all the way or part of the way as needed. i use timers now on the up function so your not having to hold a momentary switch in the up position while your trying to drive, run jackplate and motor trim up, all at the same time. here is a video of the very first one. they have since changed some but still work the same as in the video.

holeshot plate, loaded to fish in a tourney blastoff. notice the lack of bow rise. very nice for the guys that fish shallow water also

3. Member
    Chris, can the timers be added?
    Mike, I have one of these plates and it works great. I actually leave it up most of the time unless when running the 1.62case and a 32 or 34p prop at this elevation. I'm amazed at the improvement, used to have to do donuts but now put the plate down and go.

Yes, timer can be added. I added a timer to mine.

5. RIP -April 30,2023
    as calvin said, yes, it can be added

very interesting -- might be just what the Dr. ordered.

7. Member
    How much do they weigh and how much is the cost?

Johnny Johnson

8. Member
    the one I have is made out of alum with a electric actuator mounted to the jack plate. A ton of adjustment on mine. It also has a electrical board of some type and 2 relays for up and down. The kit included everything except the switch. I will probably call Chris to see about the timer.
    Mike, if you ever get out to EB, let me know and I can show you how it works.

9. RIP -April 30,2023
    price is 600-710 depending on how you want it. raw aluminum, powdercoated, logos, colored backing plates are options. plate comes with everything needed, actuator, top bracket, relays with panel, complete wiring harness, timer and switch. shipping is included. add paypal fee. plate weighs about 10 lbs

10. RIP -April 30,2023

11. Member
    That is sharp, I like that a lot. I can see that being a huge help to pull a tube 20 mph and no porpoising.

Johnny Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by Strokerdean View Post
    the one I have is made out of alum with a electric actuator mounted to the jack plate. A ton of adjustment on mine. It also has a electrical board of some type and 2 relays for up and down. The kit included everything except the switch. I will probably call Chris to see about the timer.
    Mike, if you ever get out to EB, let me know and I can show you how it works.

13. Iowa/Wisconsin/Hunting & Gun Lodge/Stroker Moderator Wags's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cbailey View Post
    This is the best upgrade I have done on my Stroker to date. I fish the back waters of the Mississippi river and most of it is real shallow, dropping in and taking off even with a small wheel 26 4 Signature I needed someone on the bow of the boat now it is not needed unless I drop into a little less than 2 feet. No more back wash dropping in it really has helped me in my style of fishing.
    LeaLea

cbailey----here is my j-plate photo..
    Attached Images Attached Images

15. RIP -April 30,2023
    can you send me some more pics? email them to me. cbailey2798@gmail.com

Will do--
    After watching the videos.. There are several major differences that will have to be overcome to mount the unit the way my j-plate is now.
    Not sure it can be done with my present setup.

17. RIP -April 30,2023
    it can be done, just need to mount it so the detwiler doesnt hit it when all the way down

Won't get to where my boat is till after Church.
    Not sure how we can mount the top actuator bracket on mine as there is no plate like in the videos.
    If the hinge point for your plate is drilled in the same location as video.. will there be enough room for the plate to clear the LU since my mtr is bolted to the j-plate--- --there is not much distance from LU to j-plate when trimmed full down. What is the distance from hinge bolts to back of plate ? I know it's scalloped out in the center would like that measurement also..
    Did you get the PM I sent ??