Thread: New Boat

New Boat

Possibly in the market for a new boat. Probably a 19 footer with a 200. You guys got any advice on brands?

2. Member
    Basscat Pantera.

Man that is a fun market size because there are so many good rigs to choose from. Have you thought about your "must haves?" Also, does it have to be a glass boat? There are some awesome "tin" rigs to be had in that size boat as well.
    Live Hard, Fish Harder!

4. Member
    Definitely a glass boat. Really like the Pantera II and Nitro Z19. Not sure how I would like the foot pedal being on the nose of the P2. Never tried it. Also dont know what options come with the P2.

I can't speak to the Nitro, I haven't been on the water in a Z19. I've looked at a few of them at dealerships. They have a good size deck on them and appear to have plenty of storage.

As far as the trolling motor pedal placement on the basscat, it takes a little adjusting to but I've never heard anybody say anything negative about that. I really like it, especially when I'm trolling down a bank flippin & pitchin. I don't have issues hitting the gunnels of the boat with my jig on a basscat.

When it comes to options about the only thing limiting you on a basscat is how deep your pockets are. I've seen several P2's & P4's rigged out with as many options as on 20 & 21 footers.

I don't know if you've had a chance to see the new classic yet, but if you are interested in a Pantera, you might want to compare the two models before buying. I haven't had a chance to see the classic in person myself but folks that have say the front deck has more room on the classic since it carries the beam forward.

Don't know if you like them or not, but have you might want to check out a Skeeter ZX200 as well.
    Live Hard, Fish Harder!

6. Mississippi River Rat Kittycat2012's Avatar
    P2 or Pantera Classic
    2023 Basscat Eyra
    Mercury pro team - Humminbird - Bobs - Power Pole - Garmin
    Hammer Rods
    The Tackle Trap

http://www.hammerrods.com/
    http://tackletrap.com/

7. Member
    I have a sabe with a 150. im in Maben if you want to come look...

8. Member
    Bass Cat Sabre.. ^^^

9. Member
    Champion. Boat. 183 u will love

10. California Fishing Moderator Captain Babito A7T3C's Avatar
    Buy the most boat you can afford to, as you'll likely always want more and more. I recently purchased a new Nitro Z18, and had taken serious looks at Triton and Aluminum bass boats: Crestliner, Alumacraft, Lund

In the end, for me, a glass boat is what i was after.

Nitro has a great price point, and if you're looking to buy before end year you'll likely find even more savings on the last of 2017 models. Making the jump to the Z19 was just too much for my wallet, the gain was minimal in my opinion. From my research, Nitro has come a long way - i personally am extremely satisfied with the finish on my Z18.

Good luck!
    2017 Nitro Z18 - Mercury ProXS 175 - 24P Fury - Elite 9 TI2 - Fortrex

11. Member
    Just my personal opinion but if I was in the market for a 19’ glass boat my list would fall something like this.
    Phoenix 819
    Legend Alpha 199 (19’10” so it may be too big for your needs but 225 rated)
    Basscat Pantera 2
    Legend Alpha 191
    Nitro z19
    Triton 19trx
    Skeeter zx190 (if this was available with a 200hp engine it would be above the nitro)
    Last edited by Pickwicked Basser; 11-05-2017 at 02:42 PM.

12. Member
    See my updated list above.

I've had 2 19 ft. Rangers in a row. One with merc and one with yami. Both ran as well if not better than most other brands and were fairly easy to sell.
    It good