Thoughts on this please

I am strongly considering making the trip to see this in person. Appears to be a pretty good deal. It would be my first Champion. Have heard nothing but good things about them in general. Thought I would seek out some thoughts & comments from owners. Don't hold back! Thanks in advance.
    https://philadelphia.craigslist.org/...355301307.html

2. Banned
    Do you guys not have registration numbers on your boats? Down here boats without them are scams, but that could be legit since there is a real phone number posted.

all I can offer advice on is to let a professional check the transom.

3. Banned
    Seems legit to me. If it's not crazy far away, I'd go see it.

Good lookn rig... would be a good idea to respond to seller and get more info about serial #'s on boat and trailer

75th anniversary edition?
    My favorite color is clear.

I love the single console....the 200 hurts it.

7. Member
    Pro's: Its a 203, good colors, anniversary edition, motor serviced, single console, and appears to be in good shape.

Con's: not original seats, 200hp (it would shine with a 225 or 250), carpet needs attention, Rite Hite jackplate which are junk, seller notes spider cracks which can be common. I would want to know about the transom, re-sealed?

8. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bass101 View Post
    75th anniversary edition?
    Yeah, didn't know Champ was around that long... Looks like it's been well taken care of... Have the engine checked out by a certified Mercury mechanic, probe the transom, look at all the tie downs, engine bolt inside and out, any holes drilled for transducers looking to the tell tail brown goo... No mention of electronics so that's an added expense after the purchase... And a small issue with the trailer, but not a deal breaker... IF the engine and transom check out I wouldn't hesitate... Dan

9. Member
    I would ask, why he is selling it ?

10. Banned
    Last edited by Snickers89; 11-09-2017 at 12:06 PM.

11. Banned
    No registration numbers, no state stickers, and no tag on the trailer? Something seems off I would keep looking.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jarhead175 View Post
    No registration numbers, no state stickers, and no tag on the trailer? Something seems off I would keep looking.
    This would raise my curiosity. Next would be getting an understanding on the history of the complete fuel system replacement/repair. That entire process is not cheap. Gotta be a story to it . Pretty boat , but without satisfactory and reasonable discussions regarding the above I wouldn't let the shinyness overtake me.

Could be a lot of fun but would be more with a 225 or a 250.
    GETFISHED !!!

13. Member
    Thanks for the input so far.
    I spoke with the guy once so far. He is a retired gent who flips cars & bass boats.
    He has had this one for a couple of months working on it & cleaning it up.
    Not sure about the reg, stickers, etc.. but will certainly inquire.
    I've read about the transom concerns and would have that checked also.
    Assume, for a moment, all checks out and is legit & good to go.....what do you think of the asking price?
    Thanks again.

14. Pat Goff
    That looks like a decent boat but that 2.5 motor just kills it. If you’ve got a 3.0 lined up it could be good deal but you’ll hate it with that motor.
    Pat Goff

Two degrees from center
    of nowhere.
    Smithwick TX.

[SIGPIC][<a href=http://www.bbcboards.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=583&dateline=1498828542/SIGPIC] target=_blank>http://www.bbcboards.net/image.php?t...828542/SIGPIC]</a>

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn B. View Post
    Assume, for a moment, all checks out and is legit & good to go.....what do you think of the asking price?
    Thanks again.
    $11,500 - cost of new Dean's or Llebroc seats and a new Rapid Jack.......is where I'd start. Then start looking for a 250hp

16. Member
    It has a faded NJ tag on the trailer. Water marks in rod boxes but still a good deal as a fixer upper.