Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Evinrude 10 year warranty

Just saw on their website. Offering 10 year warranty coverage from November 1st - April 30th.

http://www.evinrude.com/en-US/promotion.html

2. Ft Gibson Lake America lakefolk's Avatar
    wow,,, thats worth considering if one is looking...............

"Being a winner is more than getting a first place trophy, it is acting like the effort was an honor and the trophy is just a decoration."

"A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him"

3. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    Terrific promotion on already terrific engines, especially the G2. They estimate that the additional 7 years of coverage is worth $7500 on a 300 h.p. and proportionally less on each smaller engine. From what I’ve heard (for example, $4500 for 7 years platinum on a 225 Pro XS), this estimate is realistic. At today’s prices, outstanding warranty is darned important.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jc2bg View Post
    Terrific promotion on already terrific engines, especially the G2. They estimate that the additional 7 years of coverage is worth $7500 on a 300 h.p. and proportionally less on each smaller engine. From what I’ve heard (for example, $4500 for 7 years platinum on a 225 Pro XS), this estimate is realistic. At today’s prices, outstanding warranty is darned important.
    That engine is about that much higher than a Mercury.

5. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jigman51 View Post
    That engine is about that much higher than a Mercury.
    That engine has more features than the Merc, it is in the Verado/SHO priceline. And yes it is that good.

nice!
    2015 Legend V20
    250 ProXS
    Lowrance HDSLIVE 12s/16
    BBC Member since 2003

7. Member
    Have to agree with that. At the cost of boats, motors and especially repairs, a 10 year Warranty is huge. Even to pay for up to 8 years of Platinum on a Mercury you would still be ahead with 2 more years of coverage and newer technology on the G2. And I've been a Mercury guy...

8. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrain89 View Post
    Have to agree with that. At the cost of boats, motors and especially repairs, a 10 year Warranty is huge. Even to pay for up to 8 years of Platinum on a Mercury you would still be ahead with 2 more years of coverage and newer technology on the G2. And I've been a Mercury guy...
    Exactly. Everyone’s preference is fine by me, but the G2 has, in addition to the monetary win-win, several other included features like power steering, all-in-one rigging, digital engine function readout, auto trim, fully digital throttle, push button change between hand and foot throttle, Point One (optional on other motors), etc. This in addition to best-in-class torque, fuel and oil economy, lowest emissions, and let’s not forget how quiet they are. I absolutely wish they were cheaper, but at least eggs and milk are cheap right now!
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

Exactly. Everyone’s preference is fine by me, but the G2 has, in addition to the monetary win-win, several other included features like power steering, all-in-one rigging, digital engine function readout, auto trim, fully digital throttle, push button change between hand and foot throttle, Point One (optional on other motors), etc. This in addition to best-in-class torque, fuel and oil economy, lowest emissions, and let’s not forget how quiet they are. I absolutely wish they were cheaper, but at least eggs and milk are cheap right now!
    Well put. Absolutely love mine........Drive a G2 one time and you'll be hooked!

With a 10 year warranty, you can run it like you stoled it for 7-8 years then sell it with 2-3 yrs left on warranty.

11. Banned
    I wonder if there is a website you can go to and see total sales for outboards like cars and trucks?

Bill

There is a 1,500 hour limitation I believe...Most of us won't come close to hitting 1,500 hours in 10 years though...

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassmasterffej View Post
    There is a 1,500 hour limitation I believe...Most of us won't come close to hitting 1,500 hours in 10 years though...
    If so, it shouldn't effect me. I live up north so I only average about 50 hours a year. For some of the guys in the south, might be a different story

14. Member
    Anyone have a ballpark price on the 175 G2, I have a 95 Evinrude that is solid but thinking of upgrading don't know if i would also need new controls or not. Would really consider one if i could get it put on and out the door for 15 grand or less.

My 225hp G2 was $17K for just the motor. List price was about $21K. Not sure what a 175 costs but i'm thinking if you shopped around you might be able to have one rigged on your boat with everything needed for around $19K.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishfelon View Post
    My 225hp G2 was $17K for just the motor. List price was about $21K. Not sure what a 175 costs but i'm thinking if you shopped around you might be able to have one rigged on your boat with everything needed for around $19K.
    A "regular" rude 175 is only 12,800.

With that kind of warranty coverage you'd be crazy not to at least go take a test ride in front of a G2.
    Live Hard, Fish Harder!

It could have a lifetime warranty.....I just can't get past the look.

They look sexy to me!

20. Member
    Don't get it why would anybody want a New 2 stroke?
    2016 Lowe FS 1710
    2016 Mercury Pro XS 115

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast