Carry Holster while hunting

Looking for a good holster to carry my xds .45 while I am out hunting, Issue is by the time I get my bibs on and my safety harness on it becomes quite difficult to have my firearm on my hip and be al to reach it if needed. What does everyone else do?

I bought a Kenai chest holster for my Glock G40. Really like it for hunting. Easily accessed when wearing heavy clothing:

https://gunfightersinc.com/products/...chest-holster/
    Aaron Campbell
    Barling, AR
    2007 Bass Cat Sabre
    2011 Merc 175 Pro XS

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoosierpantera View Post
    Looking for a good holster to carry my xds .45 while I am out hunting, Issue is by the time I get my bibs on and my safety harness on it becomes quite difficult to have my firearm on my hip and be al to reach it if needed. What does everyone else do?
    I have this same problem when I fish in the winter. I went out this past Saturday and if I needed it, I would have to reach around past my rain jacket, into bibs, and past a few thermal layers. The chest holster adchunts recommended looks pretty good, but I still want to be concealed. Might have to go with a pocket holster.

4. Member
    I like a good sturdy owb holster if carrying a revolver in the woods. I never take one hunting though. I always figured a rifle or bow would get me out of any trouble.

5. Member
    I hunt with a Colt Anaconda 44 mag. and I got a bandolier holster that works great with my winter parker and bibs.

I always carried iwb under all the clothes. It was more for the two legged critters going and coming from hunting. We had a huge issue with poachers where I hunted. We even had a nasty run in with a group of them once. I had my rifle when in the woods though and it would have been my go to over a pistol in most situations. You might look at pocket carry though.