Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Scent on soft plastics

Does anyone use additional scent om their soft plastics

2. Member
    BANG garlic or shad is all I ever use.

Sometimes I'll dunk it in some JJ's clear or Kickn' Bass garlic. I try to buy Berkley Powerbait plastics which I believe have all the scent you need.
    Don't worry Ma'am....
    I'm only here for the
    Bass.

Most plastics have some sort of scent or salt or both, so I usually will start without using an additional scent. But if I get some nibbles and find the bites to be non-committal, that's when I add a scent. I've tried a bunch, most recently Bang and Jack's Juice sprays, both in Garlic. I'd have to say my favorite is still Smelly Jelly Sticky Liquid Craw-Anise, but I haven't tried all of them, much less each flavor.

http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Attra...e-ATTRACT.html

Get you some Berkley GULP! crawfish and spray it inside bags that hold your plastics. Let it ferment over the winter.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

6. Member
    Does any one use that Megstrike .....i think that's what it call . Roland Martin use it on his show ?

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Hahn View Post
    Get you some Berkley GULP! crawfish and spray it inside bags that hold your plastics. Let it ferment over the winter.
    Havent looked in to the berkley o was lpoking at bio edge or liquid mayhem

8. Member
    When things are really pressured on my lakes I go to JJ's Magic. And you would be surprised how versatile this stuff is. Flukemaster does a great video on tips and tricks with it on YouTube. It's at least worth watching and maybe you can pick up a few things.
    Y'all be careful out there and don't catch'em all!

9. Member
    I like to soak my salted tubes in Bio Edge Crawfish or Shiner. Other than that, bang seems to be the best stuff to use on the fly.

10. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBass94 View Post
    BANG garlic or shad is all I ever use.
    ^^
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

I have often thought of getting something like this and putting a couple of chunks in the plastics bags and letting them marinate in with it.

Quote Originally Posted by 11pounder View Post
    I have often thought of getting something like this and putting a couple of chunks in the plastics bags and letting them marinate in with it.
    Use Powerbait jig trailers, such as Chigger Craw or Pit Boss and keep your jigs in the same box and they'll soak up the Powerbait smell too.
    Don't worry Ma'am....
    I'm only here for the
    Bass.

I left an open bag of that in the floor of an old boat I had during the summer ONCE, the flies wouldn't even get within 50 feet of the boat.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rchavis View Post
    Does any one use that Megstrike .....i think that's what it call . Roland Martin use it on his show ?
    I use Megastrike on all plastics I fish. I'll even rub it into the skirt and trailer of jigs.

15. Member
    Soak my Berkley 7" 10" worms in "smelly jelly" crawfish. It also makes them easier to pull through grass! I just spray my 5" worms with Dr juice Garlic!

16. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Hahn View Post
    This works

Quote Originally Posted by 597fitter View Post
    This works
    Yes it does. Heck, back when GULP! first came out, we'd buy a few packs of it just to get the scent. It's about time to spray all of my bags of plastics so the fermentation process can begin for the winter.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

18. Member
    I have used kickn bass for years, good stuff and does not deteriorate your plastics if you want to soak them.

Bang or JJ Magic
    Chris Beverly
    2005 Champion 206 Mercury Verado 275!!!

20. Member
    Lunker Lotion

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast