Axiom 7 questions

Still waiting for my account to be approved on the Raymarine forum, so I figured I'd ask here. I'm going back an forth between Lowrance Elite 9Ti and the Raymarine Axiom 7.

1. On the Axiom 7, the power draw is listed as 7.34 watts to 10.2 watts. If I were to run RealVision and Navionics
    at the same time, would that equal 17.18 watts (1.43 amps) total? I'm on a kayak, using a 10ah battery, so I think that
    comes out to around 5hrs of run time running both charts and rv?

2. To Get RealVision 3D and Navionics/Sonar chart live, is the correct model E70365-03-NAG?
    AXIOM 7 RV - 7" MFD with integrated RealVision 3D, 600W Sonar with RV-100 transducer + NAG Chart

3. Most importantly for me, what is the diameter of the plug/connector and cable on the RV-100 transducer? The installation instructions
    mention a 1" hole cutter, so I'm assuming the plug is less than 1" in diameter? The hole for routing a transducer cable on
    my kayak is around 1" so It seems that RV-100 will fit.

2. Member
    1. Where did the 17.8 watts number come from? I see the following on the website.
    Power Consumption (Max @ 12V DC) Chartplotter - RV - 9.84 Watts

2. Yes, you want the E70365-03-NAG

3. The end of the plug is installed after the cable is pulled. I don’t have one handy to measure. I’ll see if I can get someone to post a measurement.

3. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    The end is .960 before the ring is added. Was that fast enough Curt??

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Hickory Legend; 11-02-2017 at 04:51 PM.

The whole 3d thing is a gimmick and i dont know anyone that actually uses it after they play with it the first few hours. I would not use that as a determining feature of your purchase.

So lets take the 3D out of the picture, because you can!

It still gives you side and down view, chirp sonar and 2D sonar in the same transducer.

So If you don't want to use the 3D simply don't pull it up on an app.

Its just another view or tool you can use to get a view of the bottom. It can put together the side and down view into a different prospective for you to view. as a stand along app, its not much use but when you combine it with the other views it can help piece the bottom together!
    Last edited by Hickory Legend; 11-03-2017 at 11:03 PM.

5. Member
    I wouldn’t totally rule out 3D. Great tool, maybe not for everyone, but awesome when you use it.

6. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    The 3D just adds another prospective to the bottom, It ties in the side and bottom view.

Is it a good stand alone app, no but with the other views it adds to what you are looking at.

It helps in conjunction of the side and down view, to show more detail of the bottom. you can acutely set it up so you can do 360 and over lay the date on live view to get a better picture of the bottom.

You have one transducer that gives you side, down, chirp, and 2D all in one transducer and if you want 3D with out any boxes or add ons.

If you don't want 3D just don't add the app, but if you do, it just a simple button push!!

Whats wrong with that??