Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Well The 1197 is working . I replaces the transducer so the unit is 11 or 12 years old not 20 . I do remember when most american manufacturers made parts for 20 years for cars .

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by log hopper View Post
    Well The 1197 is working . I replaces the transducer so the unit is 11 or 12 years old not 20 . I do remember when most american manufacturers made parts for 20 years for cars .
    You have never bought an AMC car then....lol
    BTW HB is not a car company and the 1197 does not have wheels....lol.
    Seriously though the best way to fix these older units is to by used ones and cannibalize the parts you need. I have sold two of my 99X units for this purpose.
    Most devices are not designed to last more than about 5 years. A lot of electronics and appliances today use "generic" or commodity parts where you can buy replacements on the open market. Aftermarket vendors will also buy up parts supplies and resell them for things like washers/dryers, stove, refrigerators, etc.. There just is not that big of a market for fishing electronics and they are highly specailized. Technology developments in the electronics industry makes it more advantageous to upgrade rather than repair. A 10 year old washer is just as good as a new one......not a lot of technological innovations in washing clothes.
    2018 Skeeter ZX250
    2018 Yamaha 250 SHO

3. Member
    Wait, Humminbird actually repairs units? Heck, they barely know how to support them let alone fix them.
    2021 Skeeter ZX225
    2021 Yamaha SHO 225 VF225LA

4. Member
    My super 60 is still working after 47 years ! It cost $ 120. dollars new . I remember how excited I was when I unboxed it .

5. Member
    No I dont expect them to fix it for free .

6. Member
    I have a humming bird flasher that still works after 47 years !! So what happen at humminbird GREED ! It is a collector item but it still works after 47 years !! They need to make a line of upgradable units you can send back in off season for upgrade . Yes you will pay for upgrade ! This would be good for the enviroment recycle !
    Last edited by log hopper; 06-26-2021 at 11:50 AM.

7. Member
    A item like this should be upgradeable if you send it back and pay to have upgrade done .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12