Thread: Boat Storage

Boat Storage

My boat sits from December to March every year in my garage. The furnace is in the garage so the temp rarely falls below 50 degrees. I have always tried to run the fuel level down as low as possible then stabilize so the next March I can add fresh fuel. I see where some do the opposite and fill their tanks in the fall and then stabilize. I usually run ethanol free too to minimize the storage effects. Interested in opinions on the issue.

2. Banned
    What kind of motor? Depending you should either/or fog the engine to winterize or crank it up and let it run for a while on the earmuffs once a month.

3. Member
    pro xs-250

4. Banned
    Any 2 stroke IF you dont fog it, I wouldn't let sit more than a month without at least cranking it and letting it run for a little while.

Quote Originally Posted by bassm1n View Post
    My boat sits from December to March every year in my garage. The furnace is in the garage so the temp rarely falls below 50 degrees. I have always tried to run the fuel level down as low as possible then stabilize so the next March I can add fresh fuel. I see where some do the opposite and fill their tanks in the fall and then stabilize. I usually run ethanol free too to minimize the storage effects. Interested in opinions on the issue.
    My Merc Mechanic has always told me to fill the tank up North where we are to prevent condensation in the walls of the tank and ultimately water in the fuel.
    @captainmorganlegend

6. Member
    I can see that is not stored in a heated garage.