Alabama Bass Club Moderator

Unhappy The November NoAl tournament on Pickwick has been postponed.......

The November NoAl tournament scheduled to be held on Pickwick on the 18th of November has been CANCELLED due to weather concerns. The National Weather Service is calling for extremely heavy winds beginning during the early morning hours tonight ahead of a strong line of thunderstorms expected to hit the Shoals area around mid-day tomorrow. I'm sure there will be small craft advisories for area lakes and won't be safe to be out to say the least. I've also learned that at least two other tournaments out of McFarland scheduled for tomorrow have already been cancelled for the same reason.

This would've been our last tournament for the year so I'd like to take this time to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving, Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! I look forward to seeing everyone, weather permitting, at our January tournament which will be held on the 20th at a location to be named later.

Thanks again!
    Last edited by AveryF; 11-17-2017 at 08:16 AM.

2. Member
    Harry & Alan

3. Member
    I'll try my best to be there! Probably with Matt K.

4. Member
    Ricky and Jackson Burgreen are going to try our best to make it on the 18th.

5. Member
    Avery, I am not going to be able to make it this weekend. Work getting in the way...

6. Alabama Bass Club Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis S. View Post
    Avery, I am not going to be able to make it this weekend. Work getting in the way...
    It's probably just as well, Dennis. The weather is supposed to be bad enough tomorrow that I don't think we ought to even think about fishing. The US Weather Service is predicting wind gusts to 40+ MPH beginning overnight tonight ahead of a line of strong thunderstorms which is slated to hit here sometime around 11:00 tomorrow morning. And I've got word that the big Gray's Tackle tournament scheduled for tomorrow out of McFarland has also been cancelled.

This would've been our last tournament of the year because of the holidays. Everyone have a wonderful Thanksgiving and Christmas, and we'll plan on resuming in January!

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AveryF View Post
    It's probably just as well, Dennis. The weather is supposed to be bad enough tomorrow that I don't think we ought to even think about fishing. The US Weather Service is predicting wind gusts to 40+ MPH beginning overnight tonight ahead of a line of strong thunderstorms which is slated to hit here sometime around 11:00 tomorrow morning. And I've got word that the big Gray's Tackle tournament scheduled for tomorrow out of McFarland has also been cancelled.

This would've been our last tournament of the year because of the holidays. Everyone have a wonderful Thanksgiving and Christmas, and we'll plan on resuming in January!
    Happy Holidays to all!!